SAN FRANCISCO - September 6, 2005 - Today, Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announces that Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Lockdown has shipped to retail stores for the Xbox® video game system and the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system at the manufacturer's suggested retail price of $49.99. The Nintendo GameCube® version is projected to ship to retail stores on September 22, 2005. The Rainbow Six franchise, known as one of the best multiplayer experiences and hailed for its immersive single-player games, continues with Lockdown as Team Rainbow, the world's most elite counter-terrorist unit, is called into action into unfamiliar territory as they battle a Bioterrorist threat.
"Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six is the godfather of tactical squad-based play, having invented the genre in 1998," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing for Ubisoft. "It has become a premier brand in our industry and is especially respected for its outstanding online gameplay. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six brand on Xbox has the record for most consecutive months as the number one most played game on Xbox Live, having stayed at the top slot for 12 consecutive months. With Lockdown, we intend to keep that excellence alive and well. With the PS2 version made by Red Storm Entertainment, and the Xbox version made by Ubisoft Montreal, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown has been created by two of the greatest studios in the world."
Developed by two of Ubisoft's award-winning studios, Red Storm Entertainment, the maker of the original Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, and Ubisoft's Montreal Studio, Lockdown builds on the ingredients that have made the Rainbow Six franchise a runaway success. The addition of Persistent Elite Creation (P.E.C.) mode to the Xbox version and Rivalry mode to the PlayStation 2 version, Lockdown introduces new multiplayer elements that inject a vitality and depth into an already stellar multiplayer franchise. In addition to completely new, more ominous and groundbreaking multiplayer content, the single player experience contains a new personal darker storyline, state-of-the-art equipment, and offers gamers the chance to play as two members of Team Rainbow: Ding Chavez, the fearless leader of Team Rainbow, and a new sniper role portrayed by Dieter Weber, who must cover his team's movement with deadly accuracy. His aim is matched only by his attitude.
About Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown
Stakes escalate as they are personally targeted by an evil terrorist organization, ultimately ending with the capture and torture of one of the team's premier members. Used to protecting the lives of others, Team Rainbow must now embark on a mission to fight and save its own. Rainbow Six Lockdown features a thrilling single-player campaign that has you playing as either the confident team leader, Ding Chavez, who never leaves a man behind, or as the team's arrogant sniper, Dieter Weber, who never misses a shot. The final result: a totally immersive experience - which becomes even more compelling when gamers go online to play against other fans from around the world, using voice chat to communicate with one another. Additional game features include:
- Immerse yourself in tense close-quarter combat, where split-second decisions mean the difference between life and death.
- Thrilling single-player campaign with dual perspective gameplay has you playing as Ding Chavez, the confident team leader who never leaves a man behind, or as Dieter Weber, the team's arrogant, relentless sniper who never misses a target.
- New weapons and equipment - Complete your mission with all of the tools of the trade including new items like motion trackers, battering rams, and the deadly MTAR-21 micro assault rifle.
- Increasingly intelligent enemy A.I. where, with every mission, enemies get more dangerous using tactics like flanking, suppression fire and room clearing.
- Stunning graphics and ultra-realistic "ragdoll physics" deliver staggering realism and spectacular close quarter firefights. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six is pushing the limits of PlayStation 2 and will be the best-looking military shooter on the market.
- Superior multiplayer experience - One of the best multiplayer games ever returns with a revolutionary multiplayer experience on the PlayStation 2 and Xbox Live.
- Xbox: The innovative Persistent Elite Creation Mode allows players to create their own operative, improve its' skills, and acquire extra equipment in all-new objective-based missions.
- PS2: New Rivalry mode pits Rainbow operatives against trained mercenaries in objective-driven team-based adversarial gameplay.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through its strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 21 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated revenue of 538 million for the 2004-2005 fiscal year, an increase of 8 percent over the previous fiscal year at constant exchange rates. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
About Tom Clancy:
With over 80 million books sold, Tom Clancy is arguably the world's most recognized author. His works include fiction such as The Hunt for Red October, Clear and Present Danger, The Sum of All Fears, Rainbow Six, Red Rabbit, and The Teeth of the Tiger. Clancy also writes nonfiction works about weapons and various military units. Four of his books have already been adapted into highly successful feature films.
® 2005 Red Storm Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Rainbow Six is a trademark of Red Storm Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.