SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA - MAY 12, 2005 - Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest videogame publishers, announced development of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 3 (working title), the next installment in the smash-hit squad-based action franchise. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 3 is scheduled to ship for retail in conjunction with the launch of the Xbox 360TM video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and will also be available on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, the Nintendo GameCubeTM and Windows® PC DVD-ROM this holiday 2005. Ubisoft will showcase Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 3 at the 2005 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), May 18-20, at Booth #1300 in the South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center.
The year is 2013. The U.S. Army has been developing - and can now deploy - the Integrated Warfighter System (IWS), a complex combination of cutting-edge technologies that transforms an individual soldier into the ultimate fighting force. IWS combines advanced weapons systems, satellite communication devices and enhanced survivability into one fully integrated combat system that is finally ready for the true test of the battlefield. Combining the advantages of next-generation console technology with future military technologies, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 3 includes a wealth of groundbreaking features, including the Cross-Com, a communication device attached to the soldier's monocle and powered by satellite technology, which will deliver constant and complete battlefield awareness seamlessly within the action. In addition, Ubisoft will employ increased processing power to its fullest, with breathtaking graphics, lighting and textures, multi-windowing, and state-of-the-art physics. Current-generation versions of the game will be custom-built using top technologies that push each platform to its limits.
In Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 3, players will embody Captain Scott Mitchell as he commands the Ghosts and Special Forces allies equipped with the IWS in the quest to save the president of the United States, recover stolen nuclear codes and eliminate a vicious band of renegade soldiers hell-bent on unleashing catastrophe. The game, on all platforms, unfolds entirely in Mexico City, where numerous, meticulously researched and detailed environments will deliver complete immersion into the future of urban warfare. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 3 will also include multiplayer and cooperative gameplay with exciting new elements, continuing the Ghost Recon tradition of setting the bar for multiplayer action.
"Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 3 will deliver the future of gaming and of warfare in one stunning package, as well as projecting a global political future that has always been a hallmark of Clancy titles," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing at Ubisoft North America. "Armed with next-generation technology and the proven ability to create innovative multiplayer content, Ubisoft will enable players to become the soldier of the future and immerse them in the kind of urban warfare that could be fought 10 years from now."
About Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 3 (working title)
The face of war has changed. Enemy lines blur and there is no longer a clear opponent. New enemies and new threats require a new type of warfare - a new type of soldier. Enter the Ghosts.
In 2013, the U.S. Army will implement the Integrated Warfighter System evolving what we know as the modern soldier. IWS combines advanced weapon systems, satellite communication devices and enhanced survivability into one fully integrated combat system. The IWS program has been developed to meet these new threats head on. Now, it can be tested on the battlefield.
Following an insurgence in the heart of Mexico City, the U.S. Army's most elite Special Forces team is deployed to the center of the conflict to regain control of the city. Greatly outnumbered but fully equipped with the IWS, this elite team is the first and last line of defense on the battlefield. They are the "quiet" professionals. They are the Ghosts.
- Next-generation gaming technology: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 3 is built from the ground up for next-generation consoles, maximizing increased power to deliver phenomenal graphics and a host of innovative features. Current-generation versions will be custom-tailored for each platform.
- Become the soldier of the future: Gain access to the future of military technology. Using a fully integrated combat system with cutting-edge weapons and communication systems, gamers will embody the soldier of the future. Based on actual military research, the Ghosts give gamers a realistic view of how war will be fought in the next decade.
- Revolutionary feature: Use the revolutionary Cross-Com, a communication device powered by satellite technology. Attached to the soldier's monocle, the Cross-Com provides full situational awareness and command of the battlefield. Command the Ghost squad and remote allied forces and drones, and direct artillery and air strikes. See what the squad sees and receive visual and auditory intelligence from allied forces and unmanned drones.
- Stunning urban environment: One capital, multiple locations. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 3 takes place entirely in Mexico City, one of the world's largest cities. A stunning, meticulously detailed universe will provide complete immersion in the urban war of the future.
- Top-notch multiplayer experience: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 3 returns to deliver industry-leading multiplayer and cooperative gameplay for one of the hottest online franchises.
This title is not officially concept approved by Sony Computer Entertainment America.
® 2005 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Ghost Recon, the Soldier Icon, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. "PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Online play requires internet connection, Network Adaptor (for PlayStation 2) and Memory Card (8MB)(for PlayStation 2) (each sold separately). The Online icon is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox Live are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. TM, ® and Nintendo GameCube are trademarks of Nintendo. ®2001 Nintendo.
About Tom Clancy:
With more than 80 million books sold, Tom Clancy is arguably the world's most recognized author. His works include fiction such as The Hunt for Red October, Clear and Present Danger, The Sum of All Fears, Rainbow Six, and the recently released The Teeth of the Tiger. Clancy also writes nonfiction works about weapons and various military units. Four of his books have already been adapted into highly successful feature films.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through its strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 21 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge videogame titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated revenue of 537 million for the 2004-2005 fiscal year, an increase of 8% over the previous fiscal year at constant exchange rates. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.