Bubble is a unique and brand new DVD games console that transports pre-school children into the actual world of their favourite TV characters, allowing them to interact, play and learn directly with familiar faces in their imaginary worlds.
Bubble is a wireless unit that works with a household DVD player and TV to create an edutainment centre for the home. Using state-of-the-art, video pre-programming, Bubble takes character interaction a leap forward enabling children for the first time to take an active role in how their imaginary adventures unfold.
There are six launch DVD titles including leading BBC children's programmes Teletubbies, Tweenies, Fimbles and Balamory, along with two other much-loved TV programmes Noddy from Chorion and HIT Entertainments' Thomas & Friends. Each DVD title has a set of unique games that sit naturally within the narrative of the story and are specially designed to compliment the style and tone of the individual programme whether it be Fimbles or Noddy.
Rosie Bayles from Bandai comments: "Bubble is totally unique as it lets pre-schoolers enter the actual world of TV characters. So now, rather than just watching the likes of Noddy, Thomas, Tinkie Winkie and Milo, children can actually play and learn with their favourite characters. For example, the Teletubbies can be put to bed at the touch of a button, you can colour in with the stars from Balamory and make music with the Tweenies."
Featuring easy to use lighted buttons, a touchpad and audio prompts, Bubble provides fun feedback to the child helping to improve a key range of recognised pre-school skills such as Numeracy, Literacy, Personal & Social Development, Music Skills, Physical Development, Creative Development and Knowledge and Understanding of the world.
Each title comes with its own interactive activity book and game cartridge so that play can be saved at any point and revisited later on. Bubble can also be used as a portable stand-alone console allowing away play (for example in the car) using the smart cartridge and book.
The Bubble console which comes with one DVD game is priced around £60. Additional DVD games, priced around £17 each. For more information visit www.worldofbubble.com .
- ends -
Notes to Editors
- Made in China, Bubble and Bright Things ® and ? Bright Things 2005. Patents pending. All rights reserved.
- Distributed by Bandai UK Ltd. a subsidiary of the third largest toy company in the world, Bandai Co. Ltd.
- The Bubble console comes with interactive book, DVD game, game cartridge and storage case aswell as set-up book and set up disc
- Bubble works with most mare information visit www.worldofbubble.com
- Bubble consolerequires 4 'C' batteries (1.5v C size, LR-14, UM-2)
- Bubble will be available from August 2005 from most major national toy retailers including: Woolworths, Argos, Toys R Us, Mothercare, Boots, Early Learning Centre, Harrods as well as selected independent toy retailers, For more information on stockists please call Bubble customer line on (T) 01489 790944
- Any Bubble consumer product questions or queries can be directed to email@example.com
For further information or photography please contact the Bubble Press Office on (T) 020 7684 6969 or (e-mail) firstname.lastname@example.org