Tantrums and teamwork – got to keep 'em happy in LMA Manager 2005!
LMA Manager 2005 is set to take the series to the top of the league again when it launches October 22nd for PlayStation 2 and Xbox. It's a great year for the series: Codemasters will also publish Manchester United Manager 2005, as a special edition of the game and there's also a version exclusively for PC: LMA Professional Manager 2005.
As the most extensive edition in the series' history, LMA Manager 2005 delivers more countries, leagues and trophies. The game's also packed with more official football content, including English leagues The Championship, League 1 and League 2 with all the real clubs, players, badges, and trophies, plus The Conference.
This year your aptitude as a manager is even more important as LMA Manager 2005 also has you managing players' personalities, temperaments and even dealing with their tantrums with a new 'player-personality' system.
In LMA Manager 2005, players have more detailed personalities. If you're to get the best out of them, there's a whole host of things that can influence a player's mood:
- You may have fresh ideas, but if you take the reigns at a new club and immediately change established tactics, some of the old stalwarts may not be too impressed.
- Think hard about whether it really is worth keeping hold of that teenage star striker if he's outgrown your club. If his mind's on moving to bigger things, he'll not be performing to his best for you any longer.
- When signing a new player you'll really have to look at how he'll fit into your squad. Without any fellow countrymen at your club he could soon end up feeling pretty lonely. Madrid is a very different city to Manchester.
- Some players really don't respond to being trained into the ground. If you get a break in the season, try giving the lads a rest and they'll appreciate you for it.
Giving every player a real identity, you'll see how your overall decisions affect him personally. Players will let you know when they're unhappy with the way you're running the club and give you the reasons why. Then it's up to you to put it right and get the most out of your players. So, watch out, and don't go upsetting your Prima Donna striker!
LMA Manager 2005 also lets your personality as manager come through on PlayStation 2, using the EyeToy. Hook up the EyeToy camera and take a variety of digital photos of your face showing different emotions and then, when you win awards or face the sack, it's your own smiling (or crying) face that'll be seen on the newspapers headlines! You can also keep an eye on your photos on the Performance screen and discover how the fans and the board rate you. When the grimaces start to appear, it may be time to start clearing your desk!
Bringing all the tough decisions and ecstatic highs of professional football management to PlayStation 2 and Xbox screens, LMA Manager 2005 kicks off the new season as the essential management game on October 22nd, alongside Manchester United Manager 2005 (PlayStation 2, Xbox) and the PC edition LMA Professional Manager 2005. Follow the game and join the massive LMA Manager community online at www.codemasters.co.uk/lma2005
UK PRESS INFORMATION
Max Everingham / Richard Eddy / Sam Cordier
01926 814 132
ABOUT LMA MANAGER 2005
For PlayStation 2 and Xbox. Out October 22nd.
- The most extensive edition of LMA Manager - the market-leading football management game for console gamers.
- All the statistics you need, completely updated for the 2004/2005 season.
- More teams and divisions including Holland and Portugal's two top divisions joining the playable English, Scottish, French, German, Italian and Spanish leagues.
- More Management tactics and information flow: assign secondary playing sides to players, plus an all-new player search makes scouting more relevant to your needs
- Best looking 3D Match with more animations, new celebrations, new detailed kits
- Expand the game with additional game content, downloadable over Xbox Live or PlayStation 2 Net Play, after launch
- Full game plus Fantasy Team and Expert Mode with unique and intuitive control designed for console gaming.
- Enhanced match engine for more entertaining, rewarding and realistic 3D match section.
ABOUT MANCHESTER UNITED MANAGER 2005
For PlayStation 2 and Xbox. Out October 22nd.
As the official video game partner of Manchester United, Codemasters will publish "Manchester United Manager 2005" as a special edition of the full LMA Manager 2005 game, with additional team-specific content. The Manchester United edition, fully branded in game in club colours, lets you take over from Sir Alex Ferguson and have your say at Old Trafford as you manage the 2004/2005 squad and beyond. If you're doing well and bringing in the money, you can buy new players for the club and even embark on an expansion programme for Old Trafford, accurately recreated for the special edition. With the official club badge, full kits, and crowd sounds and chants recorded at MUFC, Manchester United Manager 2005 will also feature exclusive club content including manager and player profiles and coaching tips. Manchester United Manager 2005 will be published for PlayStation 2 and Xbox, alongside LMA Manager 2005, this October.
ABOUT LMA PROFESSIONAL MANAGER 2005
For PC. Out October 22nd.
After five years of console supremacy, Codemasters is taking the award-winning LMA Manager series to new heights with LMA Professional Manager 2005, a PC advancement for the best-selling brand. LMA Professional Manager 2005 will launch in late October on PC and is way beyond a console conversion: the title has been designed and created exclusively for PC. Combining the acclaimed innovative gameplay mechanics of the console original with the scope only possible on PC, LMA Professional Manager 2005 will immerse PC gamers in the business of real, passionate, in-depth football management, rather than club financial management.
PRESS RESOURCE WEB SITE
Download game artwork, screens and essential Codemasters' press materials direct to your desktop from: http://www.codemasters.com/presscentre
CODEMASTERS WEB SITE
Codemasters receives over one million visitors to its web site every month, discover why at:
CODEMASTERS CODE M
It's free to subscribe to Code M, Codemasters' new privileged subscriber community. Sign up and receive priority access to playable demos, downloads and information ahead of general release. To subscribe, simply click this link: www.codemasters.com/codem/
CODEMASTERS CORPORATE BROCHURE
Codemasters corporate information can be accessed online at: www.codemasters.com/corporate/
Codemasters is a leading developer and publisher of best-selling interactive entertainment products for a global audience on current and future gaming platforms and channels. Established in 1986, the company's dominant brands include Colin McRae Rally, TOCA Race Driver, LMA Manager, the Club Football range and Operation Flashpoint. The company is headquartered in Southam, Warwickshire UK and maintains European operations in Germany, France, Spain, and Benelux. The company has its US headquarters in New York. More information about the company and its products is available online at http://www.codemasters.com