NEW YORK– December 21th, 2010 – Paradox Interactive and Kerberos Productions today announced the successful launch of the first developer diary for Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, the follow-up to the hit 4X strategy game, Sword of the Stars. The first in a series of articles recounting the grueling missions undertaken by the game’s daring developers, this diary outlines core differences between the original and the ambitious sequel.
To read the Sword of the Stars II developer diary, please visit:
"... to actually see the fan base come across our game and then embrace and run with the entire universe we had crafted was both thrilling and humbling. But to paraphrase the American philosopher, Stanley Lee, ‘With great success comes great need for a sequel,’ and so we find ourselves in the exciting, but often dangerous world of trying to top ourselves.”
- Martin Cirulis, CEO and Lead Designer, Kerberos Productions
- Lead one of six playable factions, including a mysterious new race with influence that was felt throughout SotS I, as you strive for galactic dominance
- Unravel highly detailed star systems featuring planetary orbits, moons, asteroid belts and different space terrain
- Experience 4X space strategy in stunning new ways with the powerful MARS 2 graphics engine
- Design and build your own ships - including the formidable new Leviathan class - with new levels of detail, including specific sub systems, allowing for more fleet strategies and tactics
- Explore advanced technology systems as the game begins in the Fusion era and moves beyond the Anti-Matter era
- Engage in fierce multiplayer battles with up to 8 players
Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter offers an evolved version of the original six races from Sword of the Stars and its expansions. The game will reveal the deep, dark secret of the Suul’ka.
Boasting an all new graphics engine and incorporating new ship details that allow for new fleet strategies and tactics, Sword of the Stars II is poised to revive the 4X space genre and is scheduled for a 2011 release.
Watch the engine teaser trailer at:
Watch the teaser trailer at:
Watch an early video interview with the developers:
For more information:
Web page: www.swordofthestars.com
About Kerberos Productions
Founded in 2004, Kerberos Productions is a gathering of experienced video game developers, with over 40 years of collective experience, based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Before forming their own company, the team was responsible in the development of Homeworld: Cataclysm for Sierra, Treasure Planet: Battle at Procyon for Disney Interactive, and Bully for Rockstar. In 2006, the company released their flagship PC title, Sword of the Stars, which was followed by three expansions – Born of Blood, A Murder of Crows, and Argos Naval Yard. None of them are zombies. Read more: www.kerberos-productions.com
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy catalog, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes originally developed titles such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Victoria and the Hearts of Iron franchises, as well as publishing titles such as the Mount&Blade series, Lionheart: Kings' Crusade, Majesty 2, Cities in Motion and Magicka. Paradox made an explosive entry onto consoles during 2010 with the release of Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West. For more information, please visit www.paradoxplaza.com and follow www.facebook.com/ParadoxInteractive and www.twitter.com/pdxinteractive