If you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Read our editorial policy.

Super Smash Bros still top in Japan

Super Smash Bros Brawl has spent another week at the top of the Japanese software sales chart, according to the latest data from Media Create.

Super Smash Bros Brawl has spent another week at the top of the Japanese software sales chart, according to the latest data from Media Create.

The title sold another 142,000 copies last week, while Wii Fit moved back up to second after shifting 63,000 more units - leaving it set to break through the 1.5 million barrier in Japan any day now.

New entries packed out the rest of the top five, with DS title Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side 2nd Season selling 56,000 copies in third, and PlayStation 2 pair Poison Pink and Ebi Kore+ Kimi Kiss in fourth and fifth respectively.

Wii Sports held steady in sixth as it edges ever closer to the 3 million sales mark, while Mobile Suit Gundam: Gihren's Ambition, The Axis' Threat took seventh and the DS edition of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games was eighth.

The PlayStation 3 version of Devil May Cry 4 dropped five places to ninth, just breaking the 250,000 mark, while a new entry for the DS - Naruto: Shippuuden Dairansen! Kage Bunshin Emaki - finished off the top ten.

In all that means there were three Wii titles, three DS titles, two PS2 games, and a PS3 and PlayStation Portable title each - giving Nintendo platforms a 60 per cent share and Sony platforms the remaining 40 per cent.

There were no Xbox 360 titles in the top 30 based on last week's sales, and the full top ten is as follows:

1. Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)
2. Wii Fit (Wii)
3. Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side 2nd Season (DS)
4. Poison Pink (PS2)
5. Ebi Kore+ Kimi Kiss (PS2)
6. Wii Sports (Wii)
7. Mobile Suit Gundam: Gihren's Ambition, The Axis' Threat (PSP)
8. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (DS)
9. Devil May Cry 4 (PS3)
10. Naruto: Shippuuden Dairansen! Kage Bunshin Emaki (DS)

More News

Latest Articles