Splatoon and Wii U both took the top spots in the Japanese software and hardware charts for a second week, according to Media Create data. Splatoon sales fell but the game has now sold over 210,000 copies in two weeks.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has also passed the 100,000 sales milestone, despite dropping to fifth place on the chart behind new releases Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus, Natsuiro High School: Seishun Hakusho and Stella Glow.
- [Wii U] Splatoon - 68,913 (Lifetime sales - 213,731)
- [PSV] Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus - 16,224 (New entry)
- [PS4] Natsuiro High School: Seishun Hakusho - 13,868 (New entry)
- [3DS] Stella Glow - 13,332 (New entry)
- [PS4] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 13,272 (103,111)
In hardware Wii U sales actually increased on last week by close to 3,900 units. Its closest rival for the top spot, the PlayStation 4, was still 9,400 sales off the Wii U unit total.
- Wii U - 21,169 (Last week - 17,313)
- PlayStation 4 - 11,763 (12,272)
- PlayStation Vita - 10,829 (12,517)
- New 3DS XL - 10,677 (11,170)
- New 3DS - 4,086 (4,129)
- PlayStation 3 - 2,716 (3,069)
- 3DS - 2,089 (1,418)
- 3DS XL - 1,039 (919)
- PlayStation Vita TV - 610 (529)
- Xbox One - 219 (522)
Charts collated by Media Create and published by Gematsu.