Montreal, Quebec, Canada – October 17, 2008 – Meridian4 ( http://www.meridian4.com) and Hermitworks Entertainment Corporation are thrilled to announce that their unique Trading Sim/FPS game; Space Trader – Merchant Marine has gone gold and will begin appearing online and in retail stores in the next couple of weeks.
"We're excited to be so close to releasing our game to such a wide audience," said Phillip Daigle, Producer at HermitWorks Entertainment. "There are so many new features we've added and the core game itself is so addictive and fun that Space Trader will be a huge success when it hits the street."
“Working with Hermitworks has been great. Creating the single-player campaign, improving the graphics and perfecting the multiplayer has added so much to the game.” said Jeff Giasson, Production Director of Meridian4, “Even though I’ve played the game, what seems like hundreds of times, I still find certain nuances about the game that keeps me coming back every time.”
About Space Trader
In the far future, humanity is ruled by The Ministry of Accounts, an oppressive bureaucracy that tracks, records and taxes every transaction of daily life. From the depths of Red Tape, a new breed of marketeer arises to challenge the authority and make a profit: the Space Trader is born!
As a Trader, you will attempt to amass a fortune beyond your wildest imagination, buying and selling commodities and taking up arms against the oppressors or even accepting bounty missions, hunting down crime bosses and their thugs.
• Trader Campaign: Start as a rookie trader and earn your way to Master Trader using shrewd trades, back alley deals, bribes, a well placed bullet and more through a challenging 5-level single-player campaign.
• Three Ways to Challenge: Master your trading skills in three unique challenge missions; Moon Madness, Free Trade and Red Eye Trader.
• From Iron Ore to Organs: Turn misfortune to profit. Buy low, sell high. Over 40 different commodities to supply the demand.
• Have Ship, Will Travel: Visit seven planetary locations, their moons and stops along the way and interact with over 100 characters.
• Conflict Builds Character: Using an assortment of unique weapons, bring dozens of crime bosses to justice and turn a tidy profit.
• Competitive Cooperative: Challenge your friends and family, not just your peers. Working together has never been so competitive!
Meridian4 is an interactive software publisher located in Montreal, Canada. A new publishing company, with new ideas and a different approach to forming partnerships with developers, Meridian 4 aims to actually form a partnership – a true relationship characterized by mutual cooperation and responsibility to achieve the best possible performance for developers’ products. For more information, visit http://www.meridian4.com.
HermitWorks Entertainment Corporation is an independent game company founded in 2004 by industry veterans Cameron and Marcia Tofer. HermitWorks is an innovative company interested in developing games that casual and hard core gamers can play together. Using current and emerging technologies the HermitWorks team is known for inspiring new ideas. For more information, visit http://www.hermitworksentertainment.com.