Revised, "console-style" version of 2008's Java game to launch on the iPhone early next year.
- for immediate publication –
Fishlabs announces Snowboard Hero™, the number three Java mobile game of 2008, in a completely revised, console-style version for the iPhone™ and iPod™ touch for the beginning of 2011. As a teaser, the free lite version Snowboard Hero™ by Bing will appear before Christmas in the USA on 20 December 2010.
Hamburg, Germany, 15 December 2010 – Snowboard Hero™, which earned Fishlabs third place in the Pocket Gamer Analysis for the best Java mobile game in 2008, comes to the iPhone™ and iPod™ touch in a version with completely revised graphics and sound, expanded courses, additional characters, and lots of new, wild tricks. In the fast-paced snowboard game, wicked jumps and fantastic stunts count more than realism. During the great air time, players have to perform as many unbelievable tricks as possible in order to collect serious points.
In the competition with an experienced snowboard pro, players must prove their skills on four steep runs in the lite version and against six opponents on eight pistes in the full version. Breakneck downhill runs have to be mastered in five different disciplines. Time trials, freestyle, slalom, race, and gate-time bonus can also be combined, creating demanding races of time, point, and gate requirements.
Players can customize both the look of their characters, with different pants, jackets, and boards, and their characteristics. Special boards can improve agility, speed, boost, and jumps.
Features of the lite version Snowboard Hero™ by Bing for the US:
· Two playable characters
· One rival
· Two pistes featuring four courses
· Five disciplines: time trial, freestyle, slalom, race, gate-time bonus
· Five combination disciplines, including speedrun-slalom and race-speedrun-freestyle
· Visual customization of characters with different pants, jackets, and boards
· Modifiable characteristics: agility, speed, boost, and jumps can be improved by new boards
· Four special tricks can be unlocked for each character
· A total of 20 events, five events are ridden for each run
Additional features of the full version Snowboard Hero™:
· Four more playable characters
· A special outfit for each character for even cooler stunts and tricks
· Four more rivals
· Eight combination options with five different disciplines
· Six more courses in different environments: fun park, off-piste, and glacier
· 70 more events
· No advertising
Snowboard Hero will first appear for the iPhone™ und iPod™ touch in a free lite version Snowboard Hero by Bing in the USA on 20 December 2010. The advertising-free full version with more courses, more opponents and characters, and more discipline combination options will be released in early 2011.