FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WALL, NJ. - March 14, 2005 - SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION, the US publishing arm of the SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION, announced today that the company will release a special METAL SLUG 4 & 5 bundle pack for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft. The METAL SLUG 4 & 5 bundle pack will ship in early Summer 2005. Each will have a suggested retail price of $39.99.
In METAL SLUG 4, a cyber-terrorist group has unleashed an international computer virus with the goal of hijacking the world's militaries. Join Marco, Fio, and new METAL SLUG team members, Trevor and Nadia, as they try to stop the distribution of the virus before it's too late.
A disc containing METAL SLUG secrets has been stolen in METAL SLUG 5, after a research installation is attacked by unknown forces. Marco, Tarma, Eri and Fio must enter "The Corridor of Fire" to recover the secrets and destroy the paramilitary syndicate known as the Ptolemaic Army.
"This is a must own collection for PlayStation 2 and Xbox owners who love the METAL SLUG franchise" said Ben Herman, SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION President. "METAL SLUG has always been one of SNK's most popular franchises, and METAL SLUG 4 and 5 are two of the best in the series."
METAL SLUG 4 features include:
- Take the battle to the air, sea and land as you once again battle Morden's forces
- Six challenging stages and a wide array of unique enemies
- Famous non-stop, fast paced MEATL SLUG action
- Play as returning favorite characters Marco and Fio or brand new characters Trevor and Nadia
- Extensive power-ups of over-the-top weaponry, health and ammo
- Fight off huge boss characters on each level and battle massive end bosses
METAL SLUG 5 features include:
- Five massive stages and all new enemies
- Take up arms against this ultimate weapon of destruction "The Doomsday Machine" that fuses the mysterious power of ancient ruins with that of Metal Slug science
- Wage an assault on the enemy's underwater stronghold.
- Find a factory producing robotic weapons developed from the Government Army's data for next-generation Metal Slugs.
Xbox (http://www.xbox.com) is the video game system from Microsoft that brings people together for the most exhilarating game and entertainment experiences. Xbox delivers an expansive collection of breakthrough games, powerful hardware and the unified Xbox Live online service. The new tagline, "it's good to play together," captures the spirit of Xbox as the social hub of the new digital entertainment lifestyle. Xbox is now available in North America, Asia, Europe and Australia.
About SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION
Over the past 15 years, SNK has published classic arcade titles such as THE KING OF FIGHTERS, BASEBALL STARS, METAL SLUG, SAMURAI SHODOWN, and FATAL FURY on a wide variety of home gaming and handhelds systems. In June 2003, SNK opened SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORPORATION in Wall, New Jersey to again publish arcade classics on the current home and portable gaming systems. The company changed its name to SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION in Fall 2004. You can find more information about SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION games at http://www.snkplaymoreusaconsumer.com
METAL SLUG is a registered trademark of SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION.
Xbox is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Michael Meyers Public Relations
11740 Dublin Blvd, Suite 105
Dublin, CA 94568