Platform: PlayStation® 2 Computer Entertainment System
Category: Action RPG
Ship: March 2004
Shining Tears, the long-anticipated side story to the legendary Shining Force saga, tells the tale of a young man who has lost his memory and has gotten caught up in a war he does not quite understand. The city he lives in is under siege, and the reason, he is told, revolves around two magical rings of power.
In a journey of discovery, the boy and his friends will soon realize the terrifying truth about the world they live in. Along the way, they will fortify themselves with ever more powerful weaponry, spells, and a rotating cast of allies.
Shining Tears shifts away from the strategy-RPG gameplay familiar to fans of Shining Force, focusing instead on real-time action. Up to two players can play cooperatively as they explore lush, 2D, anime-style environments, slaying monsters and working through a robust RPG leveling system.
- Gorgeous 2D backdrops and fluid, expressive anime characters. Up to 50 enemies can appear onscreen at the same time.
- Offers both single-player and 2 player-simultaneous gameplay.
- Deep character customization - Players have access to a wide range of skills, items, and weapons. Characters can level up from 1 to 99.
- Partner Bond System - The bond between the hero and his partner affects the scenario he faces and part of the story.
- 20 to 50 hours of game time.
- 8 possible endings
SEGA of America, Inc.
Associate Public Relations Manager