The roar of the engine, the rumble of the exhaust, the screech of the tires – these sounds help draw players into the world of SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED™ to deliver this year’s most authentic racing game. Audio is as important an aspect of the entertainment experience as gameplay and visuals but it’sthe game’s incredible score that transforms it from a racing game to an epic experience. To accomplish this, EA has enlisted some of the world’s top composers and alternative music’s top bands to expand, enhance and re-imagine ten tracks to create the SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED soundtrack. The composers tapped into chart topping songs from Rise Against, Hollywood Undead, Escape The Fate, The Bravery, Anberlin, 30 Seconds To Mars, Stone Temple Pilots, Switchfoot, Biffy Clyro and Jimmy Eat World to create the soundtrack.
SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED features a completely new style of soundtrack that uses sonic themes to engage the player and represent the driver’s battle. Each composer was tasked with using the emotional themes of the game to create a cinema-level score.
“This is a totally unique approach to videogame scores,” said Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Marketing for EA. “We’ve brought together some of the most cutting-edge composers from various film, TV, trailer and gaming backgrounds in entertainment to re-imagine the music of ten absolutely distinctive bands and sonically encapsulate the driver’s emotional journey.”
· Ramin Djawadi, best known for his Grammy-nominated score for IRON MAN, his Emmy-nominated score for PRISON BREAK, and score for EA’s 2010 Medal Of Honor
· Troels Folmann, a British AcademyAward winning film, trailer and game composer , known for scoring hundreds of film trailers and TV promos
· Heavy Melody Music, whose team has created original music for Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Super Bowl TV commercials and many other games
· Stephen Baysted, has scored numerous racing games including Need for Speed SHIFT
· Mick Gordon, the AudioGang award-winning composer behind Need for Speed World and Need for Speed SHIFT.Artist Song 30 Seconds To Mars Night Of The Hunter Anberlin We Owe This To Ourselves Biffy Clyro Mountains The Bravery Ours Escape The Fate Issues Hollywood Undead Levitate Jimmy Eat World Action Needs An Audience Rise Against Help Is On The Way Stone Temple Pilots Take A Load Off Switchfoot The Sound (John M. Perkins Blues)
Developed by the award-winning Slightly Mad Studios, SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED will be available in North America on March 29 and beginning on March 31 in Europe for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC.
EA, Need for Speed, and Shift 2 Unleashed are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. The names, designs, and logos of all products are the property of their respective owners and used by permission. Microsoft and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. "PlayStation" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.