LONDON – September 25, 2008 – Today Ubisoft announces the development of Shaun White Snowboarding for the Nintendo DS™ system and PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) system. The game is scheduled for release on November 13, 2008.
Developed in close collaboration with Shaun White, Olympic Gold Medalist and eight-time X Games Gold Medalist, Shaun White Snowboarding for the PSP system and DS allows players to enjoy the thrilling sport of snowboarding anytime, anywhere. Built from the ground up on both platforms, each version includes exclusive and unique features. Using intuitive controls, players can ride and compete on mountains around the world. They can also express their creativity through rides and customization and challenge their friends through wireless multiplayer.
Key features of Shaun White Snowboarding for Nintendo DS:
• Carve Your Path Through Huge Mountain Environments – Create your own runs to suit your personal riding style, and choose your path down four open mountains. Each path offers its own risks, rewards and opportunities. Big airs, dangerous carves, thrilling speed runs and huge challenges await!
• Intuitive Stylus Controls – Be in complete control of your rider using intuitive motion–based controls on the Touch Screen. Simply flick the stylus to jump, draw a circle to spin, or slide it across to control your carves. Experiment with a ton of different combinations and get into the game like never before!
• Wireless Multiplayer for Four – Get your friends together for a snowboarding session using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Up to four players can get in on the action at once – compete in races, point competitions, king of the hill and more.
• Customize Your Rider and Your Gear – You can choose a rider to suit your own personal style and complete challenges to unlock decals. These decals will not only be a way for you to customize your gear and show your accomplishments to the world, but will also help you customize your riding style by granting you new abilities. See a particularly cool sticker on a friend’s board? Trade stickers with your friends over a local wireless connection!
Key features of Shaun White Snowboarding for the PSP system:
• Huge Outdoor World – With five mountains and a variety of slopes, the player will have plenty of room to ride in this outdoor playground.
• Single and Multiplayer Modes – Embark on a solo campaign and explore the wildest mountains of the world, or select and replay specific slope challenges. Innovative multiplayer featuring co-op and competitive modes creates a richer and deeper overall experience.
• Intuitive Controls – Experience a totally intuitive controls scheme, where all tricks and actions are available right from the beginning.
• Unique Scoring System – Speed, trick, slide and carve your way to victory. Points are allotted based on these four actions rather than simply tricking – link these together to increase your skill rewards.
• Skill Development – Earn experience points and build up your rider’s attributes to serve your riding style. Use your board and rider to work in unison to conquer the mountain.
For more information on Shaun White Snowboarding, please visit www.shaunwhitegame.com.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has teams in 28 countries and distributes games in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2007–08 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of 928 million euros. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
© 2008 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Ubisoft, Ubi.com, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Shaun White is used under license from Shaun White and Shaun White Enterprises, Inc. Nintendo DS is a trademark of Nintendo. © 2004 Nintendo. “PlayStation”, “PS” Family logo and “PSP” are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Memory Stick Duo™ may be required (sold separately).