For Immediate Release
Montreal, Canada. May 8, 2006. - Play Shadowgrounds now. Software publisher Meridian4 and developer Frozenbyte are thrilled to announce that their action game Shadowgrounds is unlocked and available for play on Steam. Also, due to the overwhelming success of pre-order, the special 20% discount will remain in effect until Friday, May 12th at 5:00 PST.
For more information about Shadowgrounds go to our web site at www.meridian4.com or visit www.steamgames.com.
Shadowgrounds is an epic sci-fi game that blends addictive old school gameplay and modern technology played from a top-down perspective. Shadowgrounds features a devastating arsenal of weapons, realistic and sometimes hair-raising lighting effects and tons of monsters.
- Upgrade weaponry with powerful modifications
- Face enormous monsters in boss battles
- Destructible environment allows players to wreak havoc with their arsenal
- Visit many exciting locations, including a secret military base and the alien-infested colony New Atlantis
- Fight side-by-side with NPC allies against the massive alien hordes
- Check security cameras and computer logs to investigate alien origins
- Realistic lighting with gameplay effects bring the aliens out of the shadows
- Enjoy horrifying sound effects and a thrilling music soundtrack made exclusively for Shadowgrounds
- Powered by Frozenbyte's incredible 3D engine!
2-4 PLAYER CO-OP MULTIPLAYER! - 2-4 players can play the co-operative mode on the same computer to maximize the destruction.
Frozenbyte is an independent game developer based in Helsinki, Finland. Founded in 2001, the company is out to show the world that dedication, hard work and innovation can still deliver inspiring games. Highly-anticipated Shadowgrounds is Frozenbyte's first commercial game and has already received much critical acclaim in Finland and Germany, where the game was released in November 2005.
Meridian4 is an interactive software publisher located in Montreal, Canada. We are a new publishing company, with new ideas and a different approach to forming partnerships with developers. The difference is we actually form a partnership - a true relationship characterized by mutual cooperation and responsibility to achieve the best possible performance for their products.