Shadowgrounds Goes Gold!
Montreal, Canada. April 4, 2006 - Game publisher, Meridian4 and game developer, Frozenbyte are pleased to announce that their highly anticipated and extremely addictive Action/Shooter; Shadowgrounds has gone gold. Shadowgrounds is scheduled for release to North American retail stores on April 25th, 2006.
"Shadowgrounds going gold in North America means a lot to Frozenbyte", says Lauri Hyvarinen, Frozenbyte CEO. "I can't wait to let players experience the unique atmosphere in Shadowgrounds, not to mention the cool weapon upgrades that really let gamers go all-out in their monster killing spree."
"We are very excited about the progress that Shadowgrounds has shown. Shadowgrounds is a fresh take on the whole action genre - a tribute to old-school action games and yet so fresh it is being compared to the likes of Doom3", says Andy Sher, CEO at Meridian4.
Shadowgrounds will be available in North American retail stores and online after April 25th at a suggested retail price of $29.99. This title has been rated M for Mature by the ESRB. For more information about Shadowgrounds go to www.meridian4.com.
Shadowgrounds is an epic sci-fi game that blends addictive old school gameplay and modern technology creating one big, nasty alien-battling carnage festival. Played from a top-down perspective, Shadowgrounds give you full control over the battlefield and features a devastating arsenal of weapons, realistic and sometimes hair-raising lighting effects and tons of monsters to shoot, slice & dice, electrocute and even flame broil!
- Upgrade weaponry with powerful modifications
- Face enormous monsters in boss battles
- Destructible environment allows players to wreak havoc with their arsenal
- Visit many exciting locations, including a secret military base and the alien-infested colony New Atlantis
- Fight side-by-side with NPC allies against the massive alien hordes
- Check security cameras and computer logs to investigate alien origins
- Realistic lighting with gameplay effects bring the aliens out of the shadows
- Enjoy horrifying sound effects and a thrilling music soundtrack made exclusively for Shadowgrounds
- Powered by Frozenbyte's incredible 3D engine!
2-4 PLAYER CO-OP MULTIPLAYER! - 2-4 players can play the co-operative mode on the same computer to maximize the destruction.
Frozenbyte is an independent game developer based in Helsinki, Finland. Founded in 2001, the company is out to show the world that dedication, hard work and innovation can still deliver inspiring games. Highly-anticipated Shadowgrounds is Frozenbyte's first commercial game and has already received much critical acclaim in Finland and Germany, where the game was released in November 2005.
Meridian4 is an interactive software publisher located in Montreal, Canada. We are a new publishing company, with new ideas and a different approach to forming partnerships with developers. The difference is we actually form a partnership - a true relationship characterized by mutual cooperation and responsibility to achieve the best possible performance for their products.