November 4, 2005: Selatra, the global distributor of mobile Java games, announced today that it had secured key publishing rights in an exclusive six-game, premium title deal with Jumbuck Entertainment Ltd (ASX: JMB), the leading mobile entertainment provider.
The deal allows Selatra to distribute the six games to mobile content retailers in Europe, Israel and South Africa as well as to six European network operators.
Four of the six games Jumbuck has created are based on titles licensed from Viacom Consumer Products, two from the highly successful 'Star TrekTM' stable and two from the world of motion pictures:
The Star Trek games are:
- The award winning Star Trek, The Birds of Prey and Star Trek, The Cold Enemy
Both Star Trek games combine original music and classic storylines from the series, first-class colour and sound effects and a mix of primitive and advanced alien weaponry to create unique and thrilling game-play.
The motion picture games are:
- Cult film classic, Black Rain - The Revenge and
- Shaft, Sharp Shooter
The deal also includes:
- Ryan Giggs International, starring the popular English Premier League player, Ryan Giggs, licensed from Icons Digital Ltd and
- Indy 500, licensed from ESPN.
Michael Gilley, Content Manager at Selatra, said the high calibre deal emphasised the company's commitment to bring the very best mobile content to an ever-expanding global audience:
"We help developers big and small, tap into a potential audience of over 200 million subscribers worldwide," said Gilley. "This deal continues our commitment to offer the highest quality branded games to our customers in the mobile environment."
Adrian Risch, Jumbuck Entertainment CEO, said Selatra was top of his list when it came to exploring European distribution channels for Jumbuck's premium games:
"We chose Selatra because it means our games will be marketed, released and distributed professionally through a vast distribution channel we have previously not had access to," said Risch. "Selatra's reputation for high quality in the industry is unparalleled and their network allows us to reach our key customers quickly and efficiently," he said.
All games are available on GSM and 3G networks. Selatra's full range of games is available on www.selatra.com
Notes to Editors:
1. Founded in 2002, Selatra is a global distributor of mobile entertainment content specialising in JAVA games. Through its extensive portfolio of games, JAVA download technology and Content Management System, Selatra offers a complete cost effective gaming solution to Network Operators and Mobile Content Retailers in over 50 countries round the world.
2. Jumbuck Entertainment Ltd (ASX: JMB) is a mobile entertainment company focused on providing a range of high quality, best-branded games and messaging services to mobile users globally. Since its inception in 2000, Jumbuck has matured from a start up business to a company now servicing over 35 of the world's wireless carriers. Jumbuck's core business is developing and distributing wireless entertainment applications across multiple platforms. Jumbuck is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia with representatives in San Francisco and London. http://www.jumbuck.com
3. Star Trek The Birds of Prey received Best Action Game Award at the Second Annual Wireless Gaming Awards, (the Mobies) at CTIA Wireless 2005 in New Orleans.
For further details, contact:
Anthony Garvey Olivia Hilton
Public Relations Business Development and Licensing
Selatra Games Jumbuck Entertainment Ltd