SAN FRANCISCO (November 10, 2005) - SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced that they will publish The Rub Rabbits!TM exclusively for the Nintendo DSTM system. Developed by SONIC TEAM, the creators of Feel the MagicTM, The Rub Rabbits! delivers an all new "rub comedy" adventure offering innovative gameplay, quirky original music, stylized art, and many new modes and features.
The Rub Rabbits! leverages the unique touch-screen and voice-recognition interface on the DS hardware by challenging gamers to switch from tapping and rubbing to screaming and blowing as a means of controlling character actions. Four brand new modes have also been added, including the Hullabaloo Mode, in which you and a friend get finger-tied in rounds of "Twister," and the Connect Mode, in which you can play any of six multiplayer games with up to four friends. You can also play in a time attack of previously cleared chapters in Attack Mode.
"The Rub Rabbits! delivers a refreshing experience for DS fans featuring customized gameplay that takes gamers to a whole new level of creativity," said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President of Marketing, SEGA of America, Inc. "Touching is good, and SEGA once again has created a game that maximizes the technological functionality of the Nintendo DS."
Getting the girl is never easy, especially when competing against 12 other rivals. Players will battle rivals and win the affection of the game's love interest, and that's just the beginning. The Rub Rabbits! offers over 35 chapters in Story Mode, in addition to double the content in the newly expanded Memories Mode, which tests players' skills at clearing all stages for added bonuses; and Maniac Mode, which is packed with character customization options.
The Rub Rabbits! is hopping into retailers in February 2006.
Key Product Features:
- Innovative gameplay. Hold the DS sideways, upside down, or hold it with a friend for co-op and battle play.
- An all-new "rub comedy" adventure. Double the content with over 35 Chapters in the Story Mode alone.
- Seven different gameplay modes. In addition to Story, Memories and Maniac Modes, four brand new modes - Attack, Hullabaloo, "Baby Making" and Connect Modes - will keep players entertained and interacting for a long time!
- All new original music, art, and characters. Brand new customization modes allow you to unlock songs and sounds to make your own original music, and customize your girl's hair, dress, and shoes in Maniac Mode.
- Multiplayer Wireless function. Compete in six different multiplayer contests with up to four players.
About SEGA® of America
SEGA® of America, Inc. is the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA Corporation, a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. SEGA of America's Web site is located at www.sega.com.
About SEGA® Europe Ltd
SEGA Europe Ltd. is the European Publishing arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA Corporation, a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. SEGA Europe's web site is located at www.sega-europe.com.