Rugby has enjoyed a recent renaissance both on the field and on the PC thanks to England winning the Rugby World Cup and French Developer Cyanide winning the PC plaudits with Pro Rugby Manager 2004. Whilst the future of English rugby is less than certain, one thing is for sure: PC owners will continue to enjoy the very best the sport has to offer, with the news that Pro Rugby Manager 2005 is in development and will be released by Digital Jesters in February at a SRP of £34.99.
Desktop managers can assume control of one of the 100+ clubs or choose one from more than 50 national sides to achieve victory in one of the many championships on offer. From club rugby through to the World Cup, budding managers can experience the game at every level. Increased levels of sophistication mean players can be involved in every aspect of rugby management, from training the squad and managing injuries to hiring and firing players.
Taking your favourite rugby team to the top has never been more satisfying. Pro Rugby Manager 2005 has stepped up its training and is looking fitter than ever. Photo-realistic modeling of actual players and accurately depicted real stadiums are all present, and extensive and varied commentary and crowds that change their clothing according to weather conditions help to ensure this is the most gorgeous rugby management sim ever to hit the shelves.
"We intend to build on last year's success with Pro Rugby Manager 2004," says Leo Zullo, Marketing Director for Digital Jesters. "We're offering much more than just a statistical update of the players and teams, and have improved every aspect of the game."
Pro Rugby Manager 2005 Features -
- Fully updated rosters for the 2004 - 2005 season.
- Participate in all the major competitions from the 10 national championships to the Super-12, Tri-Nations, Six Nations, European Cups and The World Cup.
- Choose from over 100 Clubs and 50 national teams (France, UK, Italy, New Zealand, South Africa, Australia and many more).
- Experience more than 30 authentic 3D stadiums, including each of the 12 Zurich premiership teams.
- New photo-realistic player modeling with accurate player builds. New spectators that change clothes according to weather conditions. Instant replay on tries and drop goals.
- In depth management: feel the intense real-life pressures of a manager with key decisions such as the hiring and firing of players to improve the status of your team.
- New training system, based on fitness and the earning of attribute points. The system takes into account fitness, morale and physical condition of players.
- Improved injury management: a new injury system, with the appearance of recurrent injuries and pains that prevent the rugby player from taking part in a match.
- More than 400 lines of commentary during matches.
- New animations: 400 motion captured scenes upon entering the stadium and after scoring.
- Improved interface - easier to read, more links and better ergonomics.
- Brand new text mode: view the matches in 2D with text messages.
- Take on the world online or challenge your friends and workmates over a LAN.
Pro Rugby Manager is being published in the UK by Digital Jesters and developed by Cyanide Studios will be available on PC in February 2005, priced £34.99.
Note to editors: Founded in Sept 2003, Digital Jesters is a new publisher with a fresh attitude. The team has over 30 years experience, and prior to this were responsible for setting up CDV Software's UK division, generating over £2.5 million in the first 12 months, and breaking in new brands such as Cossacks, Sudden Strike, Divine Divinity and Breed.