Remedy Entertainment's Control received the top prize at the Nordic Game Awards last week.
The Finnish studio's celebrated action title picked up two awards at the ceremony: Nordic Game of the Year 2020, the most prestigious prize, and Best Technology.
Remedy was one of two developers to be awarded twice, the other being Sweden's Simogo for Sayonara Wild Hearts. Simogo's mobile game received Best Art and Nordic Game of the Year -- Small Screen.
The Nordic Game Awards is the traditional centrepiece of the Nordic Game Conference, which took place online for the first time last week due to the impact of the coronavirus.
The ceremony is intended to celebrate the best games produced by studios in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.
Indeed, the list of winners -- which you can see below -- indicates that 2020 was a vintage year for one of the games industry's most productive regions.
- Best Art: Sayonara Wild Hearts from Simogo (Sweden)
- Best Fun for Everyone: What the Golf? from Triband (Denmark)
- Best Technology: Control from Remedy Entertainment (Finland)
- Best Debut: My Friend Pedro from Deadtoast (Sweden)
- Best Game Audio: Mutazione from Die Gute Fabrik (Denmark)
- Best Game Design: Baba is You from Hempuli Oy (Finland)
- Best VR/XR: Ghost Giant from Zoink Games (Sweden)
- Nordic Game of the Year - Small Screen: Sayonara Wild Hearts from Simogo (Sweden)
- Jury's Special Mention: Mosaic from Krillbite Studio (Norway)
- Nordic Game of the Year 2020: Control from Remedy Entertainment (Finland)
GamesIndustry.biz is a media partner of the Nordic Game Conference.