Red Dead Redemption 2 wins Best Game at Fun & Serious Festival Awards
Rockstar's game wins three in all, with SIE Santa Monica's God of War picking up two
Red Dead Redemption 2 was named Game of the Year at the Titanium Awards, one of three trophies awarded to Rockstar's hit open world title.
Red Dead Redemption 2 also won Best Game Design and Best Original Soundtrack at the Titanium Awards, the closing event of the Fun & Serious Festival in Bilbao, Spain.
The other big winner was Sony Interactive Entertainment Santa Monica's God of War, which was awarded Best Narrative Design and Best Adventure Game.
Lucas Pope's Return of the Obra Dinn was named Best Independent Game, while the Spanish studio Deconstructeam won the Best National Development Award for The Red Strings Club.
The Titanium Awards also honoured three of the industry's most prominent figures, all of whom gave talks at the Fun & Serious Festival. The venerable game designers Brenda Romero and Fumito Ueda received Honorary Awards, and Ubisoft Toronto and EA Motive founder Jade Raymond was given the Pioneer Award.
The remaining winners, who all received their trophies at a gala event at Bilbao's Guggenheim Museum tonight, are listed below.
- Best Art Direction: Assassin's Creed Odyssey
- Best Sports/Driving Game: Forza Horizon 4
- Best Family/Social Game: Sea of Thieves
- Best Action Game: Far Cry 5
- Best Fighting Game: Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Best Franchise: NBA 2K
- Best RPG: Dragon Quest X
- Best Performance in Spanish: Spiderman, played by Mario García
- Best University Project: Khion 1
- Best FS Play: Do Not Feed the Monkeys
- Best Serious Game: Nubla 2 - M, the City at the Center of the World
- Best Basque Game: Submersed
GamesIndustry.biz attended the Fun & Serious Festival as a guest of the event organiser.