Record attendance at TGS 2010
Over 200,000 visitors to Tokyo event as CESA announces games of the show
A record number of press and public attended the Tokyo Game Show this year, with over 200,000 visitors crowding into the event for the first time.
207,647 people visited the show over its four days, with roughly 24,000 press and industry figures attending each of the opening two press days, plus 81,469 and 77,185 members of the public turning up at the last two days of the show. Last year, 185,030 attendees were counted.
Organiser CESA also held the Future Division of its annual Japanese Game Awards at the show, allowing visitors to vote for their most anticipated game of the next 12 months from 183 choices present at the show.
The top ten winners were:
- Idolmaster 2 (Namco Bandai, X360)
- Vanquish (Sega, PS3/X360)
- El Shaddai (Ignition, PS3/X360)
- Gran Turismo 5 (SCE, PS3)
- DanceEvolution (Konami, X360)
- Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy (Square Enix, PSP)
- Ni no Kuni (Level-5, DS)
- Final Fantasy XIV (Square Enix, PC/PS3)
- Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (Capcom, PSP)
- Yakuza Of the End (Sega, PS3)
Winners list courtesy of Gamasutra