With a turbo-charged game engine, exclusively tuned for PlayStation 2, TOCA Race Driver 2 is roaring into stores next Friday, October 15th, and is the only Ultimate Racing Simulator that comes complete with online Net Play racing!
Whether online or offline multiplayer you'll be competing in a multitude of motorsport events against a host of deadly rivals, all out to claim victory for themselves.
In TOCA Race Driver 2, it's all about winning and there's no room for Sunday drivers on these circuits. Fulfil your team's objectives and you'll earn your place in the next event; with each more successful championship, you'll unlock more tracks, vehicles and competitions!
Take it online and compete in races with up to 8-Players Simultaneously. The game's online multiplayer modes let you devise your own championship for others to join, or search specifically for the kind of competition you want; alternatively you can just jump straight into the racing. Judge your skill against all comers using the Global Rating System, or maintain a Friends List of your favourite competitors, and full voice support means that all 8 players can talk to each other at any time, with no restrictions.
Letting you loose on over 50 global racing circuits, TOCA Race Driver 2 comes to PlayStation 2 with extra content including an additional circuit, Spain's Catalunya, and an enhanced Championship structure that allows for 99 additional car and track combinations. Plus, you start as a professional - there are no boring 'tests' to take before you can play the proper game - your first car is the awesome Ford GT!
Featuring more motorsports than any other racing game, TOCA Race Driver 2 arrives next Friday for PlayStation 2. Get a taste of life in the fastest lane with images and videos at the game's dedicate website at www.codemasters.co.uk/tocaracedriver2
- ENDS #
TOCA Race Driver 2 - it's the British Bulldog of Racing Games. Beware of foreign imports - drive a pedigree:
- TOCA Race Driver 2 is a real simulator: real performance cars, real damage, real physics, and real driver AI created by Codemasters' renowned motor racing game studio.
- The most diverse range of motorsports in any one game - 15 different motor sports over 33 championships.
- Start as a professional and get the top supercars from the start and drive the best.
- 52 circuits - more real life ones and more accurately modeled than ever before.
- High detail car models, each with individual realistic handling.
- Realistic damage - you can't have a 'simulator' without damage.
- Race like you mean it - you need more SKILL to succeed!
- Go beyond ultimate: PS2 hardcore "Pro-Sim mode" for total realism!
- Race your mates - for real: TOCA Race Driver 2 is online, for up to 8 players
- Global Rating System. Gain or lose championship points depending on your results.
- Full voice support. Talk to everyone at once with no restrictions
- Friends List. Invite your friends to race or join their races when they are online.
UK PRESS INFORMATION
Richard Eddy / Sam Cordier
01926 814 132
PRESS RESOURCE WEB SITE
Download game artwork, screens and essential Codemasters' press materials direct to your desktop from: http://www.codemasters.com/presscentre
CODEMASTERS WEB SITE
Codemasters receives over one million visitors to its web site every month, discover why at:
CODEMASTERS CODE M
It's free to subscribe to Code M, Codemasters' new privileged subscriber community. Sign up and receive priority access to playable demos, downloads and information ahead of general release. To subscribe, simply click this link: www.codemasters.com/codem/
CODEMASTERS CORPORATE BROCHURE
Codemasters corporate information can be accessed online at: www.codemasters.com/corporate/
Codemasters is a leading developer and publisher of best-selling interactive entertainment products for a global audience on current and future gaming platforms and channels. Established in 1986, the company's dominant brands include Colin McRae Rally, TOCA Race Driver, LMA Manager, the Club Football range and Operation Flashpoint. The company is headquartered in Southam, Warwickshire UK and maintains European operations in Germany, France, Spain, and Benelux. The company has its US headquarters in New York. More information about the company and its products is available online at http://www.codemasters.com