R-Type Final will be released November 2005 RRP 9.99.
9/10 P2 Magazine & Silver Award!
8/10 Edge Magazine
No:4 in the Top 10 Shoot-em Up's of All Time (Official Playstation Magazine...!)
89% in Play Magazine
Stourbridge England - October 5th, 2005 - Metro 3D a Leading Value Price video games developer and publisher today announced new street date and price structure for a timeless classic. R-Type is a classic in video game history; the legacy goes back a full 16 years since the original arcade shoot-'em-up hit the streets.
R-Type Final is set to hit the streets across Europe on November, 2005 RRP 9.99.
R-Type Final truly pushes the technical capacity of the PS2 to its limits. Keeping in line with the previous R-Types the graphics include beautiful pyrotechnic displays of light and colour that are wonderfully crisp and clear. The soundtrack in the game is an aesthetically minimalist soundtrack of transient breakbeats in the background. When it comes to action, the thumps and rumblings throughout the game play combined with the background track offer one of the most effective and substantial sound tracks the PS2 has seen to date.
R-Type Final is set in seven stages (some with specific variants enabled by defeating bosses in a certain fashion), with each stage paying homage to previous instalments of the game. Each level hosts challenging environments whereby players have to use their finely honed skills in fast paced horizontal action.
Surplus to the main challenge of R-Type Final are a variety of play-modes R-Type Final offers a variety of five difficulty levels catering for a wide cross section of gamers. The difficulty levels range from 'baby', 'kids', 'human', 'bydo' and finally 'R-Typer' for those up for the most challenging gameplay available on the PS2.
In Game Features:
- For the first time play this super smooth 2D Shooter in a 3D environment, the game remaining true to its original form.
- Explore extreme underwater levels for the very first time.
- Revel in the massive fire power from your weapons that constantly change & grow.
- Customise your craft. Change your amour strength, weapon systems, firepower and create your own custom paint job.
- A massive fleet of 99 unique craft can be yours to command. With additional hidden craft available...
- 5 unique levels of game play from Baby to R-Typer...
- Brand new A.I Battle Mode.
For screen shots and other assets, please visit the official Metro3D R-Type Final website: http://www.metro3d.co.uk/
Publisher: Metro3D Europe Ltd
Genre: Arcade shoot-em-up
Release Date: November 2005
No of Players: Single Player