Matrix Games News Release
For Immediate Release
Staten Island, NY, May 16th, 2005 - Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and Shaun Sullivan (www.puresim.com) are pleased to announce that PureSim Baseball 2007 is now available through the Matrix Games Online Store. PureSim Baseball is noted to be one of the top baseball simulations on the market, with unparalleled accuracy and an extraordinary number of options.
The 2007 version of PureSim Baseball, available for immediate download today with boxed copies to follow later this week, has several improvements over last year's model, including a massive overhaul in the area of statistical tracking. PureSim Baseball 2007 uses an automatically-generated dream almanac containing thousands of pages of detailed stats on players and team histories. Directly integrated into the game, it uses standard HTML formatting which allows it to be published onto the web.
Think that's all? Not by a 500-foot homer. Additionally, PureSim Baseball 2007 includes improved graphics, new sounds, animated ball flight, multiple levels of minors (A, AA, AAA), faster simulation speeds, an improved AI, improved templates for faster Association creation, and an improved play-by-play display. The Lahman database is now fully licensed and integrated into PureSim Baseball 2007, making it easier than ever to play with historical players and teams from 1900 to 2005! What's more, a free post-release update that adds league expansion to the game is already in the works.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said "We are thrilled to have the Matrix Games name associated with such a powerful baseball simulation and strategy title. PureSim Baseball 2007 is, hands down, the best baseball management simulation on the market."
Shaun Sullivan, Designer and Developer of PureSim Baseball 2007, added, "It's been great working with Matrix Games for this, our second release together. I'm very excited about getting all these new features in the hands of the PureSim Baseball community. With your support and loyalty, we'll continue to make this the best baseball game around."
PureSim Baseball 2007 also contains all the great features from the PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition. The famous PureSim flexibility in allowing players to simulate any Major League season from 1900 to 2005, the game's unique player aging system, completely customizable parks and leagues, and the ability to edit any aspect of any detail found within the game all round out a sharper, quicker, and more intense baseball simulation.
For more information on the incredible PureSim Baseball 2007 and last year's PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition, visit www.matrixgames.com or the PureSim homepage at www.puresim.com.
PureSim Baseball 2007 - the game that every baseball fan should have.
PureSim Baseball 2007 - New Features!
- New Graphics and Sound! Animated graphical ball flight, ambient sound effects and fireworks celebration add greatly to the in-game experience.
- New in-game manager options such as outfield depth settings, bunt for a hit, pitch out and more.
- All new browsable, automatically generated reference almanac containing thousands of pages of detail and stats for every player and team in league history. The almanac is integrated into the game, and can also be uploaded/published to the web since it uses standard HTML.
- Association templates make it easy to save configuration parameters making it much easier to create associations exactly to your tastes. Included templates will have you up and running in seconds.
- New multiple levels of minors A, AA, AAA with minor league roster management and simulation support.
- New player card with graphical ratings indicators and tabbed layout makes player evaluation and analysis even easier.
- Improved simulation speed.
- Brand new career arc and player aging model
- Tougher computer GM AI
- New historical archiving of the results of every pitch of every game in league history.
- Improved play by play.
- Fully compatible with PureSim 2005. Easily upgrade your existing associations.
- All the features and depth you loved with last year's version of PureSim
PureSim Baseball 2007 has all of the great features from PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition, including:
- Full career and aging model with no limit on the number of seasons that can be played out in your universe.
- Unattended auto simulation modes for doing What If? Type analysis and experiments.
- Customizable, editable ball parks, change fence dimensions and height, import custom ball park photos easily configure PureSim's graphics engine to support any modification you make.
- Rich export and data analysis tools.
- Support for building a Baseball universes with and without economics/salaries, reserve clause contracts, fictional or historical replay modes and more. Pretty much any era in Baseball can be modeled.
- Tons of reports with almost every stat imaginable including a full range of sabermetric reports for the true Baseball stats geeks!
- Quick start mode to be up and playing your association of choice in minutes.
- PSPN integrated virtual web site tracks the news from around your league.
- Everything can be edited! Player ratings and stats, association parameters, team payrolls and regions and more.
- Integrated support for importing player photographs, both real and fictional.
- Comprehensive modding SDK support allows for user-created content and features using any .NET or COM based programming language.
ABOUT MATRIX GAMES
Matrix Games produces, markets and publishes historical wargames as well as other computer gaming products. Since 2000, Matrix Games has published over two dozen titles and several award-winning games, including War in the Pacific, Highway to the Reich, Gary Grigsby's World At War, Flashpoint Germany, Battles In Normandy, Starshatter and Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar. Matrix Games is based in Staten Island, New York. For more information, visit the Matrix Games website at www.matrixgames.com
Shaun Sullivan has worked on the design and development of PureSim Baseball 2007 as a labor of love for over six years. Together with strong support from the PureSim community, the result has been an outstanding, accurate and fun simulation of Baseball. PureSim Baseball has received a number of very favorable reviews in major gaming publications, including PC Gamer, Computer Gaming World, Computer Games and GameSpot. PureSim Baseball 2007 is a "living game", with new features often added weekly, and will continue to grow along with the requests and support of the game's loyal users.
http://www.matrixgames.com/files/games/s329_PSBB2007_shot06.jpg http://www.matrixgames.com/files/games/s329_PSBB2007_shot05.jpg http://www.matrixgames.com/files/games/s329_PSBB2007_shot04.jpg http://www.matrixgames.com/files/games/s329_PSBB2007_shot03.jpg http://www.matrixgames.com/files/games/s329_PSBB2007_shot02.jpg http://www.matrixgames.com/files/games/s329_PSBB2007_shot01.jpg
For additional information, evaluation copies, or print quality media please contact Joseph Lieberman at JoeL@MatrixGames.com