San Francisco, Calif., - March 27, 2007 - Flybug Media announced today the details and speaker lineup for the first conference in the industry to focus solely on the business side of operating online games: Mastering the Craft of Online Gaming Infrastructure. http://www.masteringthecraft.com/.
To be held at the Marriott Hotel in San Francisco on April 19, 2007, the conference brings together knowledgeable industry experts to discuss various issues facing the online gaming industry and will focus on valuable tools to use in the operation of online games. The conference's Platinum sponsor is DELL Gaming while Cenzic, Net Continuum, Global Collect, and Secure Computing have all joined as gold sponsors.
The Mastering the Craft Series provides participants with the opportunity to learn new strategies and tools on operating an online gaming business from both industry experts and
professionals in related technology industries. Topics for the conference include "Your MMO Infrastructure: Build or Buy?", "Latency can kill online games. How do we make sure this does not happen?" and "Maintaining and Updating MMORPGs" and are in addition to networking sessions and a special keynote (To be announced soon).
"We are very excited to be an integral part of this new and very necessary conference," said David S. Lee, Vice President of Infrastructure & Engineering for K2 Network "The online gaming industry IS the future of gaming and this conference allows us to examine and discuss issues and best practices that are relevant to this business so it can continue to move forward."
The 21 Guest Speakers and panelists Include:
· Guy Daley - Director Data Center Product Management, Cisco Systems
· Scott Brown - President and Co-Founder, NetDevil
· Steve Goldstein - Director of Bus. Development/General Counsel, Flagship Studios
· Anthony Castoro - Founder, Heatwave Interactive
· David S. Lee - Vice President of Infrastructure & Engineering, K2 Network
· Shannon Posniewski - Director of Technology, Cryptic Studios
· Varun Nagaraj, CEO, Net Continuum
· Jon Hörddal - COO, CCP Games
· Daniel James - CEO, Three Rings
· Scott Parcel- Vice President of Engineering & CTO, Cenzic
· Brad Singer - Executive Vice President, Payment One
· Michael Steele - VP/Evangelist, Emergent Game Technologies
· Atri Chatterjee - Senior Vice President, Marketing, Secure Computing
· Vlad Ihora - Head of Gaming Community, Telia Sonera
· Micah Quinn - Senior engineer, Even Balance
· Steven B. Davis - Chief Executive Officer, IT GlobalSecure
· Derek Wise - CEO, Global Netoptex, Inc.
· James Hursthouse - Chief Executive Officer, OGSi
· George Dolbier - CTO Games & Interactive Entertainment, IBM
· Shane Happach - Business Development Manager, Global Collect
· Peter Huang - Senior Director of Web Technology, Trion World Network
Limited space is still available. Registration is $595 and includes breakfast, networking sessions and all panels/discussions. To register for the conference or to find out more information, visit http://www.masteringthecraft.com/.