For Immediate Release
Northampton, United Kingdom - 10th November 2009
Games Faction are proud to announce that their PAX10 winning RTS, Project Aftermath, has been included in Direct2Drive's latest 'Best Of Indie' bundle along with Aquaria, I-Fluid, And Yet It Moves, Acceleration of Suguri, Aaaaa! and Crayon Physics Deluxe. To buy the games individually would set you back £59.95 but as a pack, you save a whopping 75%, at only £14.95. The best bit is the whole pack is DRM-free.
Project Aftermath itself has also been updated to be DRM-free and is available directly from Driect2Drive's wesbite.
About Project Aftermath
Project Aftermath is an Arcade RTS game where you command up to four squads of soldiers in exciting battles in a retro-futuristic world. Equip your squads to suit your playing style, researching new items using the spoils of war; choosing from over 100 different weapons, armour, power-up augmentations and spell-like special attacks.
Engage in hectic massed battles against hordes of enemies. Capture strategic locations, rescue hostages and slaughter indiscriminately! Explore the landscape to locate hidden treasures and uncover the secrets of both your enemy and the mysterious planet you find yourselves on. Replay missions using fewer soldiers and items to earn greater rewards.
Action, mystery, hideous manmachine hybrids; Project Aftermath has it all.
Join the fight!
• Campaign mode containing 10 missions of fast-paced action on a mysterious alien world.
• 20 Challenge missions to test your skills to the limit.
• Command up to 4 Heroes and see them become more powerful as they gain experience.
• Classless Heroes mean that you can equip your squad your way, using over 100 different items in 1000s of combinations.
• In-game tactical deployment. Create turrets, deploy grunt-hunting drones, call for backup, request equipment changes mid-mission and more...
• You decide how tough a mission is. Over or under equip your Heroes to blast your way through or to challenge the online high score tables.
• 92 Achievements to collect.
Project Aftermath makes the RTS genre more accessible by dispensing with the usual emphasis on base-building and resource gathering, allowing the player to focus on fast-paced action from the start. Missions are played for points and a unique system allows players to set their own difficulty by either under or over-equipping for a mission. Doing well in missions earns the player Research Points which are used to unlock over 100 items for improving their heroes. Online score tables are also available to inject a healthy sense of competition into the proceedings.
About Games Faction
Games Faction, a British independent games developer based in Northampton, England, was set up in February 2006 by Lee Hickey and Malcolm Reed - two industry veterans with over 20 years professional experience and a shared passion for making great games.