Professor Layton debuts at top of Japanese chart
Top ten software sales taken up by spate of new PlayStation Portable titles
Professor Layton and the Last Time Travel has debuted at the top spot of the Japanese software chart according to data provided by Media Create.
The third title in the puzzle solving DS series sold 347,360 units, resoundingly beating out Konami's PlayStation 3 title Winning 11 2009 which came in second place with 168,405 units.
Animal Crossing: City Folk dropped two places from its debut last week to come in third, while Chrono Trigger for the DS fell to fourth place.
PlayStation Portable title Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force 3 saw its first week on sale secure it a place at number five with 64,179 units sold, while Gundam vs. Gundam, also for Sony's handheld, dropped to sixth place from third last week.
Hoshi no Kirby: Ultra Super Deluxe, for the DS, dropped one place to seventh, as new PSP titles dominated the latter positions in the top ten, starting with Silent Hill 3 at number eight with 53,966 units, Musou Orochi: Maou Sairin at nine with 45,809 units and Higurashi Daybreak at ten with 32,639 units.
Full Japanese software chart follows:
- 01. Professor Layton and the Last Time Travel (DS)
- 02. Winning 11 2009 (PS3)
- 03. Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii)
- 04. Chrono Trigger DS (DS)
- 05. Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force 3 (PSP)
- 06. Gundam vs. Gundam (PSP)
- 07. Hoshi no Kirby: Ultra Super Deluxe (DS)
- 08. Silent Hill 3 (PSP)
- 09. Musou Orochi: Maou Sairin (PSP)
- 10. Higurashi Daybreak (PSP)