London (13th February 2009) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that Atlus’s Persona™4 will be released across PAL territories on 13th of March 2009, exclusively on the Sony PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.
Persona 4 is a gripping new chapter in the ultra-cool Persona universe, integrating dungeon crawler gameplay with an innovative social simulation element. Persona 4 delivers an all-new story set in the Japanese countryside. A sequence of mysterious deaths hits your town and only you and your team of gifted supernatural detectives can uncover the truth. Will you frustrate this hidden evil’s plans before it is too late?
Persona 4 arrives across PAL territories in a special added-value pack that includes two discs. Disc one is the eagerly-awaited game, while a second bonus disc is a 24-track soundtrack featuring the most memorable music from the game.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “We are delighted to bring Persona 4 to European and PAL territories. With its unique blend of social simulation, innovative gameplay and gripping story, Persona 4 is set to bring fans of a variety of genres together”
For more information about Persona 4 please visit the official website at www.persona4game.com
About Persona 4
In the small town of Inaba, nestled in the Japanese countryside, a young man settles in with his uncle and cousin. Sudden circumstances have forced the arrangement, but it is for the most part an agreeable place to live, if a little boring. Everything changes when a shocking and mysterious killing leaves a town aghast and searching for answers. As all signs point to involvement of a twisted serial murderer, a young hero and his friends will discover hidden powers and use them to save innocents from certain death. Together, they must find the trail of the unknown attacker… Before they strike again!
• Balance your double life: Beyond exploring dungeons, engaging in intense battles, combining Personas to make new ones, and creating new weapons exists a normal high school life of making friends and taking part in classes and part-time jobs. The way you manage and integrate your activities within each day will determine your progress through the game.
• Remember, you are mortal: Every day is irrevocable, each decision impacts on your fate – from who you hang out with, to when you decide to enter a dungeon and how far in you choose you go. Plan your progress around the various events of each day and even the weather forecast!
• Unprecedented team control: With an emphasis on developing bonds in the goal to solve the mysterious murders, strong friendships are key to your success. Control teammates in battle, earn greater party support for combat, and master individual Social Links to unlock your friends’ true potential.
• Find the true ending: 60+ hours of gameplay thrust you into a deep mystery where midnight television leads to serial killings. You must investigate murders, rescue those who can be rescued, and unmask the culprit behind it all - or risk being forever shrouded in the fog of doubt.
• Super-cool art and sound style: taking inspiration from Japanese art, manga and pop culture, the world of Persona is unique and fashionable.
• Bonus 24-track soundtrack included featuring the best music from the game.
• Fully optimised PAL version: allows for the full experience intended by the game creators, even for owners of 50Hz television sets.
About Atlus U.S.A., Inc.
Located in Irvine, California and founded in 1991, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. is renowned for its proud tradition of publishing exceptional role-playing games with strong niche appeal. The Atlus library of critically acclaimed video games includes Odin Sphere, Trauma Center series, and the award winning Shin Megami Tensei series. For more information, visit http://www.atlus.com
About Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd., with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises – FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide, and DRAGON QUEST® which has sold over 47 million units worldwide – under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.
About Square Enix Ltd.
Square Enix Ltd. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. with offices in London. Square Enix Ltd. handles operations in Europe and other PAL territories including sales, marketing and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com
DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. in the United Kingdom and/or other countries. Persona is a trademark of ATLUS USA. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Square Enix Limited is a company registered in England & Wales under the number 3679704 whose registered office is Castle House, 37-45 Paul Street, London EC2A 4LS.