HAARLEM-The Netherlands- October 13th 2006 -Publisher Lighthouse Interactive and Dutch developer VSTEP today released a new patch that upgrades their revolutionary 'Ship Simulator 2006' to version 1.6
VSTEP's Mark Nolen commented: "The most important upgrades of patch 1.6 are a new upload system for scores as well as improved ship dynamics. The new upload system is much more stable and less sensitive to firewalls and routers, while the new ship dynamics are a big enhancement in ship movement realism - with all ships getting a completely revised behaviour."
The complete list of tweaks and fixes:
- New upload score system
- Ship physics adjusted:
- Going backwards now works properly
- More realistic ship behaviour
- Inland containership has two engines, this has been changed accordingly
- Added a wooden variation of the Harbor patrol boat
- Longitude in New York
- True wind direction fix
- Fixed issue with the horn when switching to a waypoint
- The Insert numpad key added for creating paths in edit mode
- A recent North-American patch was baptised version 1.5, hence the 1.6 for this new patch (suited for ALL English and localized versions).
- This patch upgrades version 1.4 and 1.5 to 1.6 Starting out from lower versions, customers should first patch with previous patches.
Download the 131 MB patch 1.4/1.5 to 1.6 from our