WWII RTS arrives in the UK on May 22nd.
Worms / Bracknell, 1st May 2009
Officers puts you in command of the Allied forces in the largest conflict of our time. Take control of the US and British Commonwealth armies in order to strike back and defeat the Axis menace in Europe along the Western Front. With over 1500 units on maps of up to 10 square miles, Officers is the first WWII RTS to let you fight on a truly massive scale. Historical battles like Operations Overlord, Millennium and Cobra will put your tactical skills to the test using combined forces from infantry and engineers to tanks, artillery and bombers. Blazing speed and blunt force will only secure victory if you extend your supply lines and capture enemy weaponry and warehouses. Take the high ground and use terrain to your advantage. An advanced map and mod editor let’s you continue the war with the ability to create additional historical or alternative scenarios.
• Operation Overlord - one of the biggest offensives ever seen in warfare - has one aim: to break the Germans’ Atlantic Wall.
• Important depots and production facilities are the enemy’s preferred targets and must be held and protected.
• From your air-fields you can launch reconnaissance flights, bombing missions or airborne troops.
• Behind enemy lines, parachute units can operate very effectively – but they need appropriate support from air force or artillery.
• The change from day to night and the weather affect events and dictates which equipment is appropriate.
• Organize the urgently required supplies of fuel, food and ammunition, otherwise important troops can no longer be deployed.
• Campaigns during the winter months make warfare even more difficult and require appropriate materials and equipments.
• Vehicles and weapons can be damaged by enemy action or suffer from over-use, so they require regular care and servicing to keep them ready for combat.
To see the trailer, click here: http://kalypsomedia.com/trailer/Officers_Trailer.wmv
Officers: World War II will be available on the 22nd May 2009 at a RRP of £24.99
For further Information please visit www.kalypsomedia.com
Kalypso Media are publishing Officers: World War II from Morphicon in selected European Territories
About Kalypso Media
Specialising in the publishing of interactive media – primarily computer games - Kalypso Media was founded in summer 2006 by industry veterans Simon Hellwig and Stefan Marcinek. A year later, the sister company Kalypso Media UK Ltd. was opened in England and is now led by Andrew Johnson and Charlie Barrett, two experienced members of the Kalypso Media Group management team.
About Game Factory Interactive (GFI)
GFI, founded in 2003 by a group of experienced game industry professionals, is a Video Games and edutainment software publisher and developer on the territories of Russia and CIS.
The company mission is to bring to the end user top-quality products while considering the specifics and requirements of different game markets.
Future and current titles include: “Sparta 2: Alexander the Great”, “The way of Cossack”, “Clutch”, “Precursors”, “Amulet of The World: Eye of the Dragon”, kids and casual titles
For more information please visit our website: www.gfi.su
For further Information contact
Keiron Fraser/Sally Robinson/Martyn Abbott
Chaloner Associates (Cambridge) Ltd
Tel +44 (0) 1954 270599 or 270598
Mob +44 (0) 771 517 1788