LONDON - JANUARY 5TH, 2005 - NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), a worldwide leader in graphics and digital media processors, will showcase a diverse line-up of innovative digital devices powered by NVIDIA® technologies at the 2005 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES). CES, the world's premier technology trade show, takes place January 6-9 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
From its booth (South Hall #35311), NVIDIA will highlight its 3D graphics and digital media processing technologies through a display of new consumer devices, from wireless handsets, mobile entertainment devices and videogame consoles, to set-top home entertainment systems and high-performance multimedia PCs.
In addition, the Company will also display for the first time a new approach to in-car 3D info-tainment. NVIDIA has worked with a number of partners (UCLA and Pelican Mapping) to build an integrated, innovative device which will allow the user to map, track, communicate and entertain - all from the driver seat of the car.
"Interactive, real time 3D graphics and imaging are playing an increasingly important role in the next generation of consumer electronics devices. An entirely new level of visual quality is enabled by NVIDIA graphics and digital media processors," said David Roman, vice president of corporate marketing at NVIDIA. "Our CES showcase demonstrates how NVIDIA technologies are being used to power a variety of innovative new devices across a wide range of applications."
- NVIDIA GoForceTM wireless media processors (WMPs), the NVIDIA family of WMPs, broadly adopted by leading cell phone manufacturers.
- MXM technology, a consistent graphics interface enabling interchangeable graphics cards in notebook PCs;
- NVIDIA TurboCacheTM technology, a patent-pending approach to system memory management;
- NVIDIA PureVideoTM technology, an advanced combination of hardware and software that significantly improves the capabilities of the PC as a video playback device;
- NVIDIA SLITM technology, a revolutionary approach to scalability and increased performance.
NVIDIA Partner Demonstrations
To demonstrate the benefits and widespread adoption of NVIDIA technologies, the Company has aligned with many of its partners to feature NVIDIA technologies working across key categories including: Next-generation 3D Entertainment, High-performance PC Gaming and Portable Computing. Products on display inside the NVIDIA booth include:
- Gizmondo game pad, the first handheld gaming device to leverage the power of the NVIDIA GoForce 3D 4500 WMP;
- Phantom Game Service, the first end-to-end, on-demand game service from Infinium Labs;
- Sphere PC, one of the world's first round PCs;
- Voodoo SLI, a high-performance desktop PC from VoodooPC that pushes NVIDIA SLI technology to extreme levels of performance;
- Opticality 3D display, a "holographic-like" display that projects images in "true" 3D.
Game publishers Electronic Arts and Ubisoft will be stationed inside the NVIDIA booth to preview some of the hottest PC games of 2005, including Battlefield 2TM. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Chaos Theory will also be on display with daily demonstrations by the "Frag Dolls," a popular all-female gaming clan.
NVIDIA Speaking Events
In addition to the Company's booth showcase, NVIDIA executives will participate in a number of events and panel sessions taking place at the show, including:
- CES Unveiled press-only preview event (January 4 at 4PM in the South Hall, room S226);
- "The History of Games: From Pong to the Multiplayer Visualised Experience" panel session (January 5 at 10:45AM in the North Hall, room N262);
- "Game Power on the Inside: Chips, Optical Technology and Microprocessors" panel session (January 5 at 12:30PM in the North Hall, room N262);
- "Inside the Digital Set-top Box" panel session (Enabling Technology Forums, January 5 at 4PM at the Riviera Convention Center);
- "Digital TV - Its Components and Market Forecast" panel session (Enabling Technology Forums, January 7 at 9AM at the Riviera Convention Center);
- "Media Center Strategies - Blueprint for Success" panel session (Enabling Technology Forums, January 7 at 11AM at the Riviera Convention Center).
NVIDIA Corporation is a worldwide leader in graphics and digital media processors. The Company's products enhance the end-user experience on consumer and professional computing devices. NVIDIA GPUs (graphics processing units), MCPs (media and communications processors) and WMPs (wireless media processors) have broad market reach and are incorporated into a variety of platforms, including consumer and enterprise PCs, notebooks, workstations, PDAs, mobile phones and video game consoles. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, California and employs more than 2,000 people worldwide. For more information, visit the Company's Web site at www.nvidia.co.uk.
Certain statements in this press release including, but not limited to, statements as to the benefits, uses, capabilities and performance of GeForce 6200 GPUs, NVIDIA TurboCache technology and NVIDIA PureVideo technology and expected dates of availability are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause results to be materially different than expectations. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, delays in ramping new products into production, manufacturing defects, incompatibility of technologies, reliance on third-party manufacturers, general industry trends including cyclical trends in the PC and semiconductor industries, the impact of competitive products and pricing alternatives, changes in industry standards and interfaces, our dependence on third-party developers and publishers and other risks detailed from time to time in the NVIDIA reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its Form 10-Q for the quarter ended October 24, 2004. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof. NVIDIA disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Copyright ® 2005 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on NVIDIA, please visit the NVIDIA Press Room at http://www.nvidia.co.uk/page/press_room.html.