NINTENDO TREATS AT GAME STARS LIVE
Sneak peeks at forthcoming games, Bongo bashing bonanzas and multiplayer playoffs set to make it show of the year!
1 September 2004 - Nintendo is exhibiting at the UK's biggest ever multi-platform consumer gaming event, Game Stars Live (GSL), at the ExCel conference centre from 1-5 September 2004. Nintendo will be showcasing a host of new games available on Nintendo GameCube and Game Boy Advance, months before their official launch in the UK.
The Nintendo stand, a great British seaside themed set, will offer visitors the opportunity to experience all the fun of Nintendo. They can cower with fright in the Haunted Mansion, shout 'FORE!' in Mario's Crazy Golf course, and slide down a fully working, giant ten metre high helter skelter. Visitors to the show can also test their skills in energetic competitions and bongo master classes held on the Nintendo and Game Stars Live stages.
Nintendo has chosen the Game Stars Live show to showcase several massive new titles due to be released this year, all within their own exciting themed areas. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Pokèmon FireRed and LeafGreen, Animal Crossing, Donkey Konga and Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap will be at this year's Game Stars Live for all to play
The Nintendo Pier will also feature a unique Mario gaming area where visitors will have the chance to play their favourite Mario games. The Nintendo Pier will also be the final date on The Tribal Tour which has been out on the road this summer visiting all the biggest music festivals. This Game Boy Advance SP Limited Tribal Edition branded camper van will offer visitors to the stand the opportunity to get a free temporary tattoo.
- Visitors to the spooky Haunted Castle will get to experience Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap in all their glory.
- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is the eagerly anticipated sequel to Metroid Prime on the Nintendo GameCube. Metroid Prime, launched across Europe in 2003 was met with rave reviews, which in turn has gamers on tenterhooks awaiting the next instalment.
- The Legend of Zelda series is one of the best-selling and most universally loved gaming franchises of all time. In the soon to launch The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Link discovers a magical hat giving him the power to shrink to the size of the Minish people.
- The Donkey Konga Coconut Shy allows gamers to play along to their favourite songs surrounded by all their favourite Donkey Kong characters. Donkey Konga uses a unique Bongo controller to allow players to tap and clap away in time to the songs in this addictive game.
- The hugely successful and magical world of Pokémon returns exclusively to the Pokémon Fun Fair Stall. Visitors will be treated to Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen where players can battle their Pokémon with friends without the use of any cables. Players will use the brand new innovative Wireless Adapter function in one of the Union rooms for the first time!
- The Animal Crossing Fishing Stall welcomes new residents to try out the smash hit game over a themed pool. Animal Crossing is an animal populated town where you live your everyday life in real-time. As part of the thriving village community you can make friends with residents, fish in the sea and decorate your homes. Using the internal clock of the Nintendo GameCube, all events in the game happen at the same time as the real world.
- Golf fans can tee off with a round of Crazy Golf at the Mario Golf Course before playing a round of either Mario Golf Advance Tour on Game Boy Advance or Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour on Nintendo GameCube.
- Fans of Mario will be in heaven when they visit Mario World. This customised area, dedicated to everyone's favourite plumber, will offer classic titles like Mario Kart: Double Dash!! as well as new games including Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, Paper Mario 2 and Super Mario Ball.
- The Fortune Teller Tent offers visitors the chance to catch a glimpse of what the future holds for Nintendo. What you see when you look into the Crystal Ball will push the limits of your imagination!
- Hungry game fans will be treated to free sticks of rock in the Game Boy Advance SP Limited Pink Edition Sweet Shop. Here visitors will also get to experience Nintendo's latest incarnation of the hugely successful Game Boy Advance SP in all its Pink glory!
Nintendo has a few more tricks up its sleeve with a selection of interactive challenges lined up for the show. Taking place on Nintendo's very own stage, located within The Nintendo Pier, visitors will have the opportunity to learn how to play real bongo drums, taught by a professional bongo drummer. Visitors will be encouraged to bang bongos to their heart's content and pick up a few tips, which could come in handy when challenging friends in the Donkey Konga Bongo Battles.
Visitors can also take part in a Metroid Prime 2: Echoes challenge which will culminate in an intense showdown on the main Game Stars Live stage.
To keep up-to-date with the latest information you can now register on the Nintendo Media Site www.nintendo-europe-media.com
For further information please contact Becki Strickland on 07791 717 714 or Simon Watts on 07791 717 701 at the show. Or contact the Nintendo Press Office on: 020 7307 3103
Nintendo Co., Ltd. of Kyoto, Japan, is the acknowledged worldwide leader in the creation of interactive entertainment. To date, Nintendo has sold more than 1.9 billion video games worldwide, created such industry icons as Mario® and Donkey Kong and launched franchises like The Legend of Zelda® and Pokémon?. Nintendo manufactures and markets hardware and software for its popular home video game systems, including the Nintendo 64, NINTENDO GAMECUBE, Game Boy Advance and Game Boy - the world's best-selling video game system which has sold over 170 million units. As a wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of Europe, based in Grossostheim, Germany, was established in 1990 and serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in Europe.