Nintendo dominates Aussie chart
Wii and DS titles sit atop the top ten, taking up seven places for the week ended August 10
Nintendo has dominated the Australian software chart for the week ended August 10, with Wii and DS titles taking up the top seven places, according to data from GfK Australia.
Wii Fit sat at the top of the chart, with the Wii Play bundle at number two. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games on the Wii, and Mario Kart Wii took the third and fourth places respectively.
Super Smash Bros Brawl for the Wii sat in fifth place, while the DS version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games was at number six and Dr Kawashima's Brain Training, also for the DS, comes in at seven.
The bottom of the chart was occupied by PlayStation 3 titles, with Soul Calibur IV in eighth place, Grand Theft Auto IV in ninth and at ten was Beijing 2008 - The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games.
The top ten Australian software sales chart for the week ended August 10 follows:
- 1. Wii Fit (Wii)
- 2. Wii Play bundle (Wii)
- 3. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii)
- 4. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
- 5. Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)
- 6. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (DS)
- 7. Dr Kawashima's Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain (DS)
- 8. Soul Calibur IV (PS3)
- 9. Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
- 10. Beijing 2008 - The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games (PS3)