Cardiff, UK, May 5, 2005: Next Gen Games has today announced its new podcast based service for gamers under the name Gamescast.net located at http://www.gamescast.net and will feature some of the best video games podcasts with show hosts to be announced over the coming weeks. The service is not just about providing podcasts to gamers but will also be concentrating on user created shows and content which will be freely hosted on the Gamescast.net architecture.
Kevin Prince founder of Next Gen Games speaking today said "Gamescast's goal lies in not only providing gamers with content but also providing them the tools to create their own shows and to share there views on what games their playing and the industry. Podcasting truly is the next evolution in personal publishing after the weblog or blog, Gamescast is committed to growing this medium within the community.
Gamescast.net will launch shortly with an excellent starting lineup of shows and promotional activities.
- Gamescast has been created to provide podcast and podcasting tools to the gaming community
- Since its beginnings in 2004 podcasting has exploded for 1 to over 5000 podcasts
- Podcasting is in essence a mp3 based push media delivered via user RSS subscriptions made in a podcast client and ANY mp3 player be it a I-pod, I-river, PSP or Mobile Device
Notes to Editors
- Next Gen Games was founded in 2002 and is the company behind the original Next Gen Games Media Outlet and has worked with N-Gamer, Cube Europe, Error 403 and Riverdust
- Gamescast.net will provide FREE hosting to any video games related podcast as well as provide support in getting started
- Gamescast.net will go beta prior to E3 and is looking for E3 attendees who wish to podcast their experiences
- For further information contact Kevin Prince at Kevin@nextgengames.co.uk