Mario & Luigi RPG 3 for the DS topped the Japanese software sales chart, debuting with sales of 193,000 units.
Fist week sales of Street Fighter IV on the PlayStation 3 saw the title comes in at number two, with 86,000 units, and at number five with the Xbox 360 version at 38,000 units.
Kidou Senshi Gundam: Giren no Yabou debuted in third and fourth places on the PlayStation Portable at 40,000 units and PlayStation 2 at 38,000 units respectively.
Likewise Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 took up two spots, on the PSP at sixth place with 27,000 units, and on the PS2 in seventh place at 25,000 units.
PS3 title Demon's Souls came in eighth at 22,000 units, while Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 for the PSP came in ninth at 22,000 units, and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time for the DS secured tenth place with 20,000 units.
Nintendo DSi sales climbed to 53,483 units, from 49,529 the previous week, with DS Lite sales of 14,810 units, up from 12,484. This puts the DS platform at the top of the hardware chart with combined unit sales of 68,293.
PlayStation Portable sales hit 34,256 units, down from 34,969, while the Wii led the home console race with sales of 21,016 units, up from the previous week's 20,412.
PlayStation 3 sales reached 18,656, up by 2574 from last week, meanwhile the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 2 closed off the hardware chart at 9833 units and 5332 units.
Full Japanese software chart follows:
- 01. Mario & Luigi RPG 3 (DS)
- 02. Street Fighter IV (PS3)
- 03. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Giren no Yabou (PSP)
- 04. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Giren no Yabou (PS2)
- 05. Street Fighter IV (Xbox 360)
- 06. Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PSP)
- 07. Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PS2)
- 08. Demon's Souls (PS3)
- 09. Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 (PSP)
- 10. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (DS)