The action takes place on what has become known as Plasma Mountain. Baby Plasma Bugs on the ground are attacking your fleet and have already taken out airborne cruisers. Federation pilots can't get to the massive Plasma Bug, hiding in deep cover in the mountain. First wave troopers are down there, waiting for reinforcements. Your mission is to lead a force of troopers in the assault to the summit to find and destroy that plasma bug. The fleet's future is in your hand, Marauder!
This exclusive 'Plasma Mountain' playable demo from Starship Troopers the videogame - available now to freely download from http://www.starshiptroopersgame.com - delivers over 15 minutes of hardcore, bug-blasting action, providing the bugs don't get you first! Watch out for the Sentinel bugs along the way - their flash blinds anyone in range and is a wake-up call to every bug around. Concentrate on the Plasma Bug's weak spots - the head and the rear. Take them down with your Rocket Launcher or your MK2 Rifle. If all else fails you'll have to go in close to the head with your shotgun.
Starship Troopers the videogame has to be played to be believed! Become totally immersed in immense bug-blasting battles in both famous action-packed scenes from Paul Verhoeven's classic movie and never-before-experienced settings and stories from the Starship Troopers universe.
Starship Troopers the videogame is a true PC epic - the most cinematic, all-out-action, adrenaline-pumping first-person-shooter to ever hit the PC. A must-buy title for fans of the Starship Troopers universe and guaranteed to be top of the Christmas lists for PC Gamers and sci-fi fans alike. The First Person Shooter genre just moved up to the next level. Heed your General's battle cry as you run into another swarm of bugs: "Come on you apes, you wanna live forever?"
Remember - kill anything with more than two legs!
- SWARM Engine allows epic battles featuring 300+ bugs on screen at once, each with its own individual AI, boasting 20 times more action than you will have ever seen before.
- 19 different types of non-humanoid enemy bugs to encounter.
- License that covers the whole Starship Troopers universe. The classic novel, films, and TV series are just the beginning.
- Voice-over commentary by Casper van Dien, aka Johnny Rico, now the general who introduces some of the missions for you.
- 9 weapons, each with dual function attacks. Weapons include the standard Morita rifle (seen in the film) as well as the plasma rifle, shotgun and rocket launcher, plus a variety of new and exciting items such as intelligent grenades and the infamous nuke launcher.
- 12 single player levels including a mix of huge real-time battles on an epic scale and solo 'infiltration' missions.
- Varied Combat Environments - indoor and outdoor levels, including the wide-open battlefields, a secret laboratory, claustrophobic bug nests, abandoned mines and lonely outposts.
- Plus LAN and online modes including death match and co-op mode.
THEY JUST KEEP COMING...! http://www.starshiptroopersgame.com
For further information, hi-resolution images and/or review code please contact: Adam Hartley at NICE Promotions 0845 166 2854 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Release: PC-DVD ROM, November 2005, RRP £34.99
Age Rating: 16+
Publisher: Empire Interactive
Recommended: 3.0ghz CPU, 1Gb RAM, GeForce 6800 or Radeon X800 [1024x768 with shadows], DirectX 9.0c, 600mb free hard drive space, Windows XP ONLY, DirectX compatible PCI soundcard.
Minimum: 2.0ghz CPU, 512mb RAM, GeForce FX5900 or Radeon 9800 [800x600 with shadows], DirectX 9.0c, 600mb free hard drive space, Windows XP ONLY.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
Empire is a leading UK quoted computer games developer and publisher, specialising in innovative video games with mass-market appeal. The Group is one of the most established in the industry now in its 18th year of business. Its portfolio of titles include Starsky & Hutch, FlatOut, Big Mutha Truckers, Space Invaders 25th Anniversary and the highly anticipated Starship Troopers. The Group's value division, Xplosiv, continues to increase its market share across Europe and has experienced success with its first PS2 titles.
Headquartered in the UK, Empire has offices in the US, Germany, France, Italy and Spain. Further information about Empire and its products can be found at: http://www.empireinteractive.com
Sony Pictures Consumer Products (SPCP), a Division of Columbia Tristar Consumer Marketing (CTCM), is based in Los Angeles and handles the merchandising and branding efforts for some of the most recognized properties in film and television.
Columbia Tristar Consumer Marketing is a division of Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE). SPE is a division of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in 67 countries. Sony Pictures Entertainment can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.sonypictures.com.