New Kirby title knocks GTA IV off top of Japanese charts
LittleBigPlanet sales also decline after first week on sale
A new Kirby title from Nintendo has knocked Grand Theft Auto IV off the top of the charts in Japan.
According to data from Media Create, Hoshi no Kirby: Ultra Super Deluxe sold 266,000 units in its first week of sale.
Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto IV, published by Capcom in the region, was the fifth highest seller in the market, shifting a further 36,000 copies.
Sony's LittleBigPlanet, released last week and entering the charts at number four, dropped down to tenth place with 17,000 copies sold.
The full top ten for Japan, week ended November 9, follows:
- 01. Hoshi no Kirby: Ultra Super Deluxe (DS)
- 02. Rhythm Tengoku Gold (DS)
- 03. Wagamama Fashion Girls Mode (DS)
- 04. Pokémon Platinum (DS)
- 05. Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
- 06. Valkyrie Profile: Toga o Seoumono (DS)
- 07. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP)
- 08. Personal Trainer: Walking (DS)
- 09. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III (PS3)
- 10. LittleBigPlanet (PS3)