For Immediate Release
Montreal, Canada. June 29, 2006. Software publisher Strategy First Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Silverstar Holdings, Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSTR) and developer Sonalysts Inc, are pleased to announce that "Naval Combat Pack" has officially gone gold. "Naval Combat Pack" includes three award-winning naval simulation and strategy games from well-known developer, Sonalysts Inc.
Sonalysts Naval Combat Pack is a unique blend of simulation and strategy that allows the gamer to control every detail and give orders from the Captain's chair. Players control "billions" of dollars in modern naval hardware including nuclear submarines, aircraft carriers, and fighter aircraft. Mission objectives range from strategic missile strikes and enemy surveillance, to heavy-hitting surface battles.
In addition, Sonalysts is including a bonus documentary "A Century of Silent Service" DVD which is packed with over 90 minutes of interviews (including former President Jimmy Carter), authentic historical submarine footage, and numerous bonus features.
"We're tremendously proud of the products that we've created over the last ten years here at Sonalysts Combat Simulations," says Producer Jamie Carlson. "Sonalysts is excited to share our small piece of PC gaming history with the release of the 'Naval Combat Pack'. It is our hope that the inclusion of the 'A Century of Silent Service' DVD will create a collection that is not only a tremendous value, but is just so packed with modern naval content that it simply cannot be passed up by any military enthusiast."
"The Sonalysts Naval Combat Pack combines 3 of the most successful naval games of all time", says Pro Sotos, Business Development manager at Strategy First. "This compilation will give fans of naval simulations a chance to play some great games and to experience the evolution of that genre."
The Naval Combat Pack is due to hit stores in North America August, 2006.
About 688(I) Hunter/Killer
688(I) Hunter/Killer, one the most realistic submarine simulation ever developed for the PC. Master the sonar and weapons control systems, learn to develop real target situations and outfit your boat with the latest advanced weaponry. Then use your skills to complete the tour of duty and earn your dolphins to become a true submariner.
· A truly authentic simulation developed by Sonalysts - a defense contractor who designs submarine simulators for the US Navy
· Over 12 detailed operating stations: Control all aspects of submarine warfare, including the sonar suite, fire control, helm and target motion analysis
· Real-World Terrain: Ocean depth and water density for the entire globe are based on actual satellite topographical data
· Real-life situations: Conduct detailed training and single missions, plus a full campaign based on political analysis from real world situations
· Multiplayer Warfare: Seek and Destroy up to 8 players over the internet or LAN
· Full 3D Technology: Full 3D technology allows for multiple camera views and accurate 3D models of over 20 different naval weapons platforms
· Complete Control: Manage all of the resources of your submarine, including crewmen training and weapons load-outs
About Fleet Command
International waterways become theaters of war when the world's most formidable maritime powers exchange their fatal blows. With entire fleets at your command, you must strategically deploy vessels from every class - frigate to aircraft to nuclear submarine - to maintain the precarious balance of naval power and gain position for the deadly endgame.
· Campaigns and mission scenarios straight from current headlines
· Exclusive real-time strategy with cutting edge, real-world weapons
· Intuitive point and click game play
· No need to memorize symbols or complex commands
· Player designed task forces
· Complete 3D environment rotates and zooms for intense combat action
· Effects modeled in stunning detail- time of day, clouds, rain, differing sea states, ship's wake and pyrotechnics
About Sub Command
Take charge of the most deadly modern-day submarines in the world - three distinct submarines across two unique and challenging campaigns. Utilize cutting-edge sensor and weapon technology to locate, track and destroy the enemy - even deliver Tomahawk missiles to inland targets. Whether transiting, diving, or surfacing you control the smartest, stealthiest and most feared subs on the water today!
· Three submarines to command - Seawolf, 688(I) and Akula. Each contains authentic naval systems including Sonar, Radar and Target Motion Analysis.
· Test your skills while firing Tomahawk missiles, rescuing crippled subs, rising through the polar ice cap to communicate information and much more.
· Easy to use game interface - With straightforward controls and automated crewmen, controlling a submarine has never been easier.
· Enhanced sound and 3D graphics engine - 3D Objects (over 250), from Russian trawlers to France's Mirage fighters - plus exacting sound modes pull you in like never before. You won't just hear the torpedo's, you will feel them.
The Naval Combat Pack will be available in stores across North America in August, 2006 at a retail price of $19.99.
The Naval Combat Pack is rated E for Everyone by ESRB.
For more information on The Naval Combat Pack please visit: http://www.strategyfirst.com/en/games/NavalCombatPack/
About Sonalysts Inc Sonalysts, Inc., based in Waterford, CT, is an employee-owned business with 450 employees. Its annual sales are in excess of $50M and it has been serving government and commercial clients since 1973. Sonalysts began developing computer simulation games for the commercial market in the mid-nineties as part of its diversification plan following the end of the Cold War. Sonalysts has developed four PC naval simulation games to date - "688(I) Hunter/Killer," "Jane's Fleet Command," "Sub Command," and "S.C.S. Dangerous Waters®." Each of these games has won a variety of awards from "Best Combat Sim of the Year" to "Best Maritime Sim" of 2001. Sonalysts' games provide the user with a scalable experience so that the most dedicated simulation and casual players can both equally enjoy them. All of the games (including the latest, S.C.S. Dangerous Waters) are being used by the U.S. military for training and/or as a simulation analysis tool. Jane's Fleet Command has been used by ABC and NBC News to assist in broadcast visualization of military operations in Iraq, Kosovo, and Afghanistan.
For more information about Sonalysts Inc., please visit: www.sonalysts.com
For information on all Sonalysts games, please visit: www.sonalystscombatsims.com
About Strategy First Inc
Strategy First Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Silverstar Holdings (Nasdaq: SSTR), is a leading developer and worldwide publisher of entertainment software for the PC. Founded in 1990, the Company is well known for its proprietary groundbreaking titles, such as the award winning Disciples, Jagged Alliance and Space Empires series of games, which are under continuing development. Simultaneously, Strategy First continues to publish many of the industry's major titles, winning numerous awards for games such as "Hearts of Iron", "Europa Universalis", and "Galactic Civilizations." Recent offerings include top releases such as "S.C.S. - Dangerous Waters" and "Disney's Aladdin Chess Adventures." The Company provides a unique alternative for independent developers seeking to market their games to a worldwide audience. www.strategyfirst.com
About Silverstar Holdings
Silverstar Holdings Ltd. is a publicly traded company, focusing on acquiring controlling positions in high growth fee-based electronic game businesses that stand to benefit from the economies of scale generated by Internet and other technology related platforms. It currently owns Strategy First Inc., a leading developer and worldwide publisher of entertainment software for the PC, as well as a stake in Magnolia Broadband, a fab-less semiconductor company and innovator of radio frequency (RF) solutions for the cellular industry. www.silverstarholdings.com
The statements which are not historical facts contained in this press release are forward looking statements that involve certain risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to risks associated with the uncertainty of future financial results, additional financing requirements, development of new products, regulatory approval processes, the impact of competitive products or pricing, technological changes, the effect of economic conditions and other uncertainties detailed in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
For more information please contact:
Public Relation Coordinator
Strategy First Inc.