Mythic Entertainment Unleashes Four New Game Trailers And Screens For Dark Age Of Camelot(R): Darkness Rising(TM)
Discover the New Epic Chapter through In-Depth Videos and Detailed Screenshots
FAIRFAX, VA -August 24, 2005 - Mythic Entertainment, developer and publisher of massively-multiplayer online role playing games, today released four new game trailers and screenshots for Darkness Rising, the sixth expansion to the epic fantasy MMORPG Dark Age of Camelot. Darkness Rising adds player-controlled mounts to the game, and allows gamers to explore new zones and embark on an epic quest in pursuit of the title, Champion of the Realm.
The Darkness Rising trailers offer an overview of the expansion, and also spotlight the top features. Feast your eyes on highly-detailed footage of new player-controlled mounts, Champion Weapons, and the revamped Darkness Falls dungeon. The brand-new screenshots highlight the Champion Weapons in action, wielded by their powerful owners.
New Details on Champion Levels:
Become one of the chosen champions of your Realm as you prove your mettle, skill and spirit to your King and fellow Realm mates. The King shall grant rare boons and bestowments as a reward for faithful service to your Realm. The more status you obtain within the ranks of the elite champions of the Realm, the more coveted and potent the equipment and tools you'll receive.
- Once you achieve level 50, you may speak to the King and begin the process of gaining XP towards Champion Levels.
- Upon completing the XP requirements for each Champion Level, players return to the King to receive their reward and their Champion Skill points.
- Experience is gained through RvR and PvE content, as well as through the completion of the Champion's Quest.
- Champion Levels provide additional hit points, additional power points, Champion Skill points, access to the King's Magery, and increased customization of mounts.
New Details on Champion Weapons:
The reward for completing the Champion quest is a fully powered, class-specific Champion Weapon. Champion weapons can also be earned by Lvl 50 characters through RvR combat.
- Champion Weapons are as powerful as the best weapons in the game with unique class-specific abilities.
- They will not lose durability, only condition (which can be repaired).
- They may be traded in for a different weapon type should the player respecialize their skills
- Weapons can be tinted by players.
Sub-Classing Advancement Skill System Details:
- By using Champion Skill Points, players can purchase Sub-class abilities and spells to gain additional, low level abilities for other classes. This will allow, for example, a Midgard Champion Warrior to learn a healing spell, a damage spell, or debuff. An Eldritch from Hibernia may choose to wield a blade and acquire a buff or two.
Darkness Rising will be available in North America for $19.99 via digital download this October directly from Mythic Entertainment. Darkness Rising requires the original Dark Age of Camelot and the Catacombs expansion pack to play.
About Darkness Rising
Darkness Rising begins a new chapter in the epic saga of Dark Age of Camelot. Years of strife and conflict have taken their toll upon the peoples of Albion, Midgard and Hibernia. Increasing occurrences of rebel uprisings threaten to plunge the Realms into turmoil and chaos, and in this desperate hour, a call for help has gone out. Only a true champion of the Realm can stem the tides of revolt and save their Realm from destruction from within. Answering this call, the player must embark on a quest to crush the rebels seeking to depose the Realm's self-anointed ruler. However, all is not as it seems. Behind the uprisings, dark powers are seeking to exploit the three Realms during their time of need. From the halls of the infamous dungeon, Darkness Falls, these sinister forces are massing a mighty invasion force to subjugate all the Realms and establish a nightmarish new order on Earth. New foes have emerged to challenge the might of Albion, Midgard and Hibernia. A new darkness is rising in the lands. The courage and might of a champion is all that stands between the forces of evil and total domination.
About Mythic Entertainment
Mythic Entertainment is one of the most successful developers and publishers of massively-multiplayer online role-playing games in the world. Credited with 15 online games, including the award winning Dark Age of Camelot, Mythic's success is based in proprietary technology, superior game design and exemplary customer service delivered by a talented staff of more than 160 people. Dark Age of Camelot is played throughout the world in seven languages. It was launched in Japanese in January 2005, and in April 2005 became the first international MMO localized into Spanish. The recently announced Warhammer MMORPG will be available in 2007.