Making History II: The War of the World
Muzzy Lane's Niall Ferguson-honed strategy game signed by Mamba Games.
London 18th June 2009 – Mamba Games is pleased to announce that they have acquired the European, Australian/NZ and Eastern Europe (including Russia) rights for ‘Making History II: The War of the World’ developed by Muzzy Lane Software.
Developed in partnership with renowned economic historian and policy icon Niall Ferguson, MAKING HISTORY II: The War of the World marks a dramatic step forward in the Making History series. From the factories and shipyards on the home front, to epic battles across the globe, MHII gives WWII grand strategy gamers the opportunity to lead a nation and remake history. "Economic resources were decisive in the outcome of the war”, says Ferguson. “By giving equal measure to economic as well as military components, MAKING HISTORY II presents a more complete model of the driving forces behind WWII."
MHII reflects the reality that economics win wars as much as combat, so players can customize the development of specific cities, regions and units to support their objectives. Along the way they will face rival political factions both domestic and international, diplomatic choices that affect their nation's status and reputation, and a reactive artificial intelligence that alters its strategy based on player actions. The detailed 3-D map creates an immersive environment and allows players to spend more time on the map building their cities and planning battles.
In addition to a robust single player experience MHII also offers an innovative approach to multiplayer. Multiplayer games are launched and hosted on the Making History Gaming Headquarters website, which greatly eases the task of finding opponents and getting into the game.
Asynchronous turn support allows players to come and go as they please, and games can be set to advance the turn at fixed intervals or when all players have ended their turn. Email notifications can also be sent to players to inform them that the next turn has started.
• Extensive economic system covering production, resources, consumption, trade and wealth
• Greatly expanded military system including experience, morale, command, repair, upgrades, and more
• Initiate infrastructure projects that modernize your nation and expand your economic potential
• Populations are divided by culture, ethnicity, religion and political ideology; factors that destabilize nations, provoking revolts, coups and civil wars
• Innovative Multiplayer system that will revolutionize strategy gaming
• Strong community support for players and modders through an upgraded Making History Gaming Headquarters website
• Play any nation on a beautifully rendered 3D world map
• Hundreds of unique land, sea, and air units representing both major and minor powers of the era
• Research an array of weapon systems, industrial advancements, and tactical improvements
• Fly air missions against a range of industrial and military targets
• Construct weapons factories, shipyards, research labs and a variety of other improvements that add specific abilities to your cities and regions
• Intelligent AI instigates, reacts and adapts to the changing game dynamics generating action on the home front and abroad
• Each nation has a unique set of characteristics that influences behavior
• Manage your colonies, liberate new nations, establish puppet states or annex their territory
• Engage in espionage and interfere in the internal affairs of your neighbours
For distribution enquires please contact: Robert Neilson ( Robert@mamba-games.com)
For all press and media related enquires: Jason Codd ( Jason@mamba-games.com)
Release date: October 2009
PEGI/ESRB - TBC
About Mamba Games
Mamba Games is a new multi-platform games publisher with a focused team boasting over 40 years of experience. Mamba Games first product release is the award winning ‘The Lost Crown: A Ghost Hunting Adventure’ developed by Darkling Room. Working with independent developers around the world Mamba Games is always looking for new innovative products on all platforms and asks developers with quality products to contact them.
About Muzzy Lane
Muzzy Lane Software is an innovative developer of 3D single and multiplayer games. Based in Newburyport, Mass, the company creates its own branded games and works with partners to produce private-label games based on the company’s Sandstone platform. Sandstone delivers true 3D games in the browser, as a web service, with tight integration between the games and the web. Muzzy Lane provides simple web tools that support the customization of Sandstone games. For more information, visit www.muzzylane.com.
About Niall Ferguson (MA, D.PHIL)
Niall Ferguson, MA, D.Phil, is the Laurence A. Tisch Professor of History at Harvard University and William Ziegler Professor at Harvard Business School. He is a resident faculty member of the Minda de Gunzburg Center for European Studies. He is also a Senior Research Fellow of Jesus College, Oxford University, and a Senior Fellow of the Hoover Institution, Stanford University. Mr. Ferguson has written many best selling books including The Pity of War, Empire: How Britain Made the Modern World, and The War of the World: History’s Age of Hatred.
More about Mr. Ferguson can be found at: http://www.niallferguson.com/site/FERG/Templates/General2.aspx?pageid=5