"The greatest game of all time just got better"
Anatoly Karpov (former world chess champion)
Rottenmann, Austria (12th January 2005) - From the leading experts in computer chess comes the latest in chess gaming innovation: Majestic Chess has everything you have ever wanted in a computer chess game: A powerful A.I. opponent that can be adjusted to any strength or style of play, stunning graphics and dazzling animations and free 24-hour online play.
Majestic Chess also introduces the all-new Chess Adventure, where players must travel through eight enchanted lands in a story-driven quest. Recruit your chess army, uncover magical artefacts, solve mystifying puzzles and battle cunning enemies on your way to ultimate victory. Majestic Chess redefines the classic game of chess for every level of player!
- Single Player, Multi-player and Chess Adventure (quest-based)
- Perfect chess engine by the creators of Chessmaster and Power Chess.
- Beautiful chess sets and environments in real-time 3D.
- 24 intelligent opponents, skills from beginner to Grandmaster
- Online play - easy access to robust Internet play at no extra cost!
- Game play advice - innovative in-game teaching advice engine gives detailed strategic and tactical explanations in plain English.
- Unparalleled teaching tools - learn the game of chess with tutorials created by James Eade (Author Chess for Dummies) & advice by US Chess Champion Grandmaster Nick de Firmian.
- Introducing Chess Adventure - a completely original strategy game that features chess in a story-driven quest-based adventure.
- Free online gaming!
- Chess Adventure: A game experience never before seen!
Majestic Chess releases on 25th February 2005 on PC CD ROM, priced £19.99
JoWooD Productions Software AG:
JoWooD Productions Software AG is listed on the Vienna stock exchange and is a leader in the development of computer and video games. JoWooD develops and publishes internationally competitive, high-quality entertainment software for all current and future games platforms. JoWooD has development studios in Vienna and Ebensee (Austria) as well as a further group of outstanding studios in Germany: Wings Simulations, Neon and Massive Development. The company's headquarters are in Rottenmann/Austria with subsidiaries in Germany and Japan. JoWooD games are delivered through a worldwide network of distribution partners. For further information, please visit our homepage www.jowood.com.
About KOCH MEDIA UK:
Founded in 1994, KOCH MEDIA UK develops, publishes and distributes a diverse mix of titles for home console gaming systems, personal computers and the Internet. Based in Basingstoke, the company has distribution contracts with a number of software publishers, including NINTENDO. For publishers not in the UK, KOCH MEDIA exclusively markets, sells and distributes titles. Under its own brands of DEEP SILVER and EUROPRESS, KOCH MEDIA develops and publishes its own range of gaming and educational and lifestyle software. For more information on KOCH MEDIA and its products, visit www.kochmedia.co.uk