Lionhead Studios adds another dimension to their upcoming Movie-Mogul-game by announcing The MoviesTM Online
Guildford - 31st August 2005, Lionhead Studios and Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) announced today The MoviesTM Online, a community website where aspiring moviemakers can upload and share their motion pictures created with The MoviesTM on the internet! Located at www.themoviesgame.com, the site will launch a virtual film festival for aspiring film-makers when the game ships this fall. Members of the site will also find a host of competitions, Awards Ceremonies, a Prop Shop and additional downloads that will help extend their gaming experience with The Movies.
One of the features that is unique to The MoviesTM, is that you can make your very own films. With over 7000 scenes, 45 sets and countless costume combinations, Lionhead Studios is expecting to be flooded by a whole host of varied and entertaining motion pictures by all those would-be film directors out there.
The Movies Online has been designed so that gamers get an extra dimension to the game. Every uploaded movie will be given its very own movie page where gamers will be able to post their ratings and comments! The MoviesTM Online and The Movies are connected by an interface that allows players to upload movies from within the game, see which movies they've already uploaded and track their success online!
People will also be given their own unique Studio page, where they will be able to upload the movies they have created. Each movie uploaded to their Studio page will feature its own sub page and will function as a hub for all visitors to view these cinematic creations and post their comments and scores.
Players that show the most promise and receive the highest ratings will soon find that their reputation grows very quickly. What's more, the better their reputation becomes the more virtual online credits they'll earn to buy new upgrades and extra content to help make their movie-making experiences more enjoyable than ever!
THE MOVIES KEY FEATURES:
- Become a Movie Mogul of Legend - Design your own studio and run it from the early days of cinema through present day and beyond in Story Mode, by managing studio resources, investing in R&D and maximizing box office success by staying one step ahead of the competition.
- Make your own movies - Make movies that appeal to the masses in Story Mode or in Sandbox Mode where you can jump into any era and create your dream movie.
- Control the destiny of your cast and crew - Fire and hire them, turn unknowns into movie stars, and take full creative control over script selection and the content of the movies you'll create.
- Play it again and again - Over 30 hours of continuous gameplay, thousands of exciting movie characters, and limitless options allow you to vary just about everything, including the violence, romance, and realism - all mixed with world events that affect audience tastes and expectations.
- Show the world your talents - Post your movies to the web for all to see.
*** END OF PRESS RELEASE ***
Information for press only: Lionhead Studios' PR can be contacted at email@example.com.