Amsterdam, The Netherlands, November 8th 2005. Expanding Dutch publisher Lighthouse Interactive today announced that it has acquired the pan-European rights for the PC game "Loco Mania" in a deal with Czech developer 7FX. The agreement will give Lighthouse Interactive publishing rights for all European territories, as well as Turkey and Australia/NZ. The game is scheduled to begin shipping across Europe by the end of February 2006.
Erik Schreuder, Lighthouse CEO, said: "Loco Mania's gameplay hooked us from the moment we first playtested it. With its fast paced and challenging gameplay, it provides a refreshing twist to the genre." Schreuder added: " Whether you are passionate about trains or just want a game that challenges your wits and strategic thinking, you will definitely find something to love in Loco Mania".
Loco Mania is a fast paced, action/strategy game that puts you in charge of managing an entire railway network. Players have to control switches, semaphores and train directions to get the trains through the system as quickly and efficiently as possible. Each level will put players through a multitude of tasks from getting trains to their destination on time to guiding trains with hazard laden cargo safely home. Successfully clearing the trains through the railway system improves the players score and unlocks maps to take the game through progressively challenging levels. Loco Mania will feature 12 maps each inspired by various European landscapes designed to provide a unique gameplay experience.
Vladimir Sedivy, CEO 7FX added: "Thanks to our collaboration with Lighthouse Interactive, we are pleased to offer an innovative and original game to our loyal European following, which combines a virtual world requiring the skills of logic and strategy for excellent gameplay. During development, we have concentrated on playability and fun whilst keeping the gameplay challenging and interesting. We are confident that this game will be successful as we have every confidence in what we see as a professional and fruitful relationship with Lighthouse Interactive."
- Multiple game modes each with their own unique challenges.
- All train models are based on real trains with 26 locos (steam-powered, electric and diesel) and 36 carriages.
- Loco Mania contains over 12 different maps inspired by different European landscapes each with an increasing degree of difficulty.
- Gameplay allows you to control switches, semaphores and directions of all trains.
- A unique Inspection mode allows you to survey your tracks and the various landscapes from a 3D view point on top of your train.
- Beautifully detailed 3D environments with effects such as; steam, chimney smoke, rotating wheels, real time lighting and shadows.
- Simulation of weather effects and daylight, faint rain, snowing, streetlights, low-altitude clouds hovering above the landscape.
- Realistic sounds for all ingame objects and addictive background music for each map.
- Includes a beginner friendly tutorial to teach you the elementary controls and strategy.
Located in Prague, in the Czech Republic, 7FX started its activities in October 1999 as a project team of Czech ICT Company I.C.C.C. and at the beginning of 2001 a subsidiary company 7FX Ltd. was established. Their first title: Team Factor, running on the Lightforce engine, would sell over hundreds of thousand copies worldwide. Not much later after the release of Team Factor, the experienced team started their work on a new in-house engine that will power a new generation of PC games, including Loco Mania. Find our more about 7FX at http://www.7fx.com.
About Lighthouse Interactive
Lighthouse Interactive is a newly formed publisher of interactive entertainment with offices in Amsterdam, The Netherlands and Montreal, Canada. The company has prepared a strong portfolio of releases for the PC platform it intends to bring to market in the first months of 2006. Staffed with industry veterans and with offices in key locations around the world, the company is poised to be a strong alternative for developers looking to bring their products to market. Find our more about Lighthouse Interactive at http://www.lighthouse-interactive.com.
For more information contact our PR Department at email@example.com.