November 21st: Lifemode Interactive, the leading pioneers and innovators of facial animation software technology has announced today that it has launched LIFESTUDIO:HEAD 2.7, a new improved version of its successful facial animation software.
Natalie Polikarpova, Lifemode's director of marketing and sales commented: "The team at Lifemode are constantly striving to develop creative and innovative facial animation products. 2.7 now gives an extensive range of unique features. Our customers appreciate our commitment to pioneering this technology so that all game designers and 3D artists can full fill their creativity. We are relentless in our pursuit in bringing ever greater realistic animation results".
The LIFESTUDIO:HEAD technology has been designed for computer character animation in real-time. The software contains an impressive set of features supported by the original Macro-Muscles technology. These include easy modeling, realistic texturing, automated lip-synch, comprehensive animation library and many other. Data exchange with 3ds max and Maya is supported giving the possibility of working with own models and scene rendering.
LIFESTUDIO:HEAD 2.7 will be available in three box shipments: Editor, Artist, and Pro packages. Animators will be pleased to know that the Pro package now contains both 3ds max and Maya plug-ins. LIFESTUDIO:HEAD 2.7 SDK supports PC, PS2 and XBOX platforms, while the next generation platforms support is currently in development.
The new 2.7 version has several new exciting features:
- Realistic texturing becomes easier with a new feature of baking a face texture from several photos. Photos can now be used both for head modeling and for creating face texture.
- Movie films can now be used as a reference for animating. Comparing character animation with the record of an actor face motion on a frame by frame basis makes animation more accurate and reduces time greatly.
- Quality of lip-synch generated from a speech record in a sound file has been impressively improved. The result may be also enhanced by using the phoneme editor that allows generating phonemes from any entered English text files.
- Full featured Undo/Redo has been implemented so that artists need not make snapshots manually. More than a hundred history levels are available. Recovery from a system crash is also supported.
- The latest trial version is now available for download at http://www.lifemi.com/download/. LIFESTUDIO:HEAD 2.7 is now available from their network of worldwide resellers. If you purchased version 2.6 prior to August 1st please contact Lifemode's authorized resellers for upgrade policy information.
LIFESTUDIO:HEAD has a successful track record in proven and reliable technology for the past 5 years and has a wide user base including games development companies and studios worldwide, developers of 3D interactive software solutions and business consulting companies.
About Lifemode Interactive:
Lifemode Interactive is a privately owned independent software company specializing in development of games-related technologies, high-end software tools and SDKs for game developers, 3D art studios and web designers. Lifemode employs a 20-dev team of skilled art, programming and game design specialists. Lifemode has 13 worldwide distributors including Digimation, Novedge LLC, Graphics Domain, Freehand Limited, 3DLinks and others. Recent projects include Russia's best strategy game of 2003 JoWood/Nival, Interactive's "Silent Storm" and FireFly Studios' "Stronghold 2" released in 2005 and published by 2K Games, a publishing label of Take2 Interactive.
Contact details: www.lifemi.com
Tel: +7 (095) 236 59 67; Fax: +7 (095) 959 74 46
Press: Alexandra Selezneva email@example.com
Marketing and Sales: Natalie Polikarpova Natalie@lifemi.com
"LIFESTUDIO:HEAD" is a registered trademark of Lifemode Interactive Ltd.