It's time to take off and play your part in the fiercest airborne battles of World War II in Heroes of the Pacific, launching tomorrow, September 23rd, for PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC.
Take a reconnaissance flight over to the game's website right now for the latest video that packs the game's top-flight explosive action into one awesome blast. Grab the video from www.codemasters.co.uk/heroes (In 'Downloads').
From exhilarating head-to-head dog-fighting with huge numbers of enemy aircraft, bombing aircraft carriers to mounting massive attacks on land-based targets, Heroes of the Pacific delivers full on aerial combat adrenaline that gets you up close and personal with the Japanese air force and navy.
Beginning with the 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor, the game's epic and enthralling story line unfolds through 26 missions taken from real events of the U.S. Air Force campaign in the Pacific.
Battles take place in hotspots such as Pearl Harbor, Leyte and Imo Jima. You'll need all your courage and ace flying skills to dodge the intense enemy fire when you come under attack with up to 150 planes filling the skies in a single confrontation!
There are four classes of planes with which to defend Uncle Sam - all with different attributes: the Fighters are armed to the teeth with machine-guns, rockets and cannons and use their speed and agility to defeat the enemy, Dive Bombers that rain hell from the skies above, Torpedo Bombers so you can hit 'em where it hurts, and Bombers with heavy armament for maximum impact.
Featuring over 36 incredibly detailed military aircraft, plus more to unlock, you'll pilot an incredible line-up of U.S. and Japanese planes, including the F4F Hellcat and F6F Wildcat, the SBD Dauntless, the P-40 Warhawk and the F4U Corsair. You can also engage an enemy closer to home for real as you and your mates dogfight to the death in spectacular online multiplayer battles for up to 8 players and exciting split-screen battles!
Become a hero of World War II when you climb into the cockpits of the greatest WWII fighter planes in Heroes of the Pacific, launching tomorrow, September 23rd, for PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC. All the latest on the game, including the new video and PC playable demo, is now available from the website at www.codemasters.co.uk/heroes
- ENDS -
HEROES OF THE PACIFIC - KEY GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS:
- Fight to the death in incredible aerial battles from WWII's Pacific Theatre.
- Over 35 playable aircraft, including Fighters, Dive Bombers, Torpedo Bombers, and more to unlock.
- Up to 150 planes in the sky at one time, each with full AI and physics.
- 26 compelling and dramatic missions taken from real events of the Pacific campaign.
- Incredibly detailed plane and ship models, with complex lighting and environment effects.
- Player controllable wingmen, through a fast and innovative menu system.
- Two-player split screen multiplayer.
- Online play for up to eight players.
- Realistic environments, including dynamic 3D water.