London, 16th February 2006. Slitherine Software, in association with Black Bean are pleased to release the latest batch of screenshots from their eagerly anticipated add on for Legion Arena - Cult of Mithras. The Cult of Mithras adds new units, missions, story and features to the game. It takes the player on a journey through Roman mythology and reveals terrifying secrets along the way.
- Command vast armies in epic 3D battles
- Personalise your army by recruiting new troops, equipping them, allocating skills and textures.
- Detailed combat model designed by a double world wargaming champion.
- Deploy your troops and issue orders before battle.
- Real time control in battle using our innovative order time system
- Every unit has strengths and weaknesses. Learn how to use your strengths and exploit your enemies weaknesses.
- Real terrain effects - cavalry are weaker in woods, light infantry are weaker in the open.
- Easy to learn, hard to master.
- 35 new battles
- 7 new campaigns
- 5 new unit types including Fire Demons, Shadow Warriors and Ghost Legions
- Enhanced storyline that will really suck you in
- Linked battles that prevent healing casualties between and add a whole new layer of strategy
- New graphical effects
- New specialist equipment
- Battle speed controller
- Bolts on to Legion Arena allow players to take their personalised armies on new adventures.
Cult of Mithras is due for release in February 2006 and requires a full working version of Legion Arena.
Legion Arena Official Site - www.legionarena.com/
Cult of Mithras - www.slitherine.com/com/
Legion Arena - www.slitherine.com/LegionArena/
Created on the 4th of July 2000, Slitherine Software UK Ltd. is a privately funded and independent UK developer. It is a small and talented team who have been in the games industry since the early 1990's working on games such as T-Tex, Red Alert, Dune, Dune Emperor, Deus Ex and Urban Chaos on platforms from the Amiga, Lynx, SNES, PSX, GBC, Dreamcast to PC. Slitherine Software has recently launched the SOL download service to leverage the potential of the Internet. Legion, Slitherine's first game, has sold over 150,000 copies worldwide and is still selling thousands every month.
For further information
About Black Bean
Black Bean is the games label of Lago Srl, which is part of the Leader Group. Leader SpA has been the leading independent distributor in Italy since it started business in 1984. Leader is based in Gazzada (Varese) which is situated 30 miles north of Milan in northern Italy. Black Bean philosophy is to focus on a wide range of games genre leveraging on the niche targets that remain uncovered into the market. By adding original content to the products and by fully localising the titles Black Bean's vision is to remain close to player's needs. Black Bean has distribution partners all across Europe and PAL territories including Australia and South Africa. www.blackbeangames.com
For further information
tel: +39 (0)332 874 329