Los Angeles, 9th May 2006: Sony Computer
Entertainment Europe [SCEE] is pleased to confirm the
September release of Planet PSP (Working Title), a stunning
series of multimedia, interactive city guides created with
the help of the travel gurus at Lonely Planet and exclusively
available on PSP (PlayStation®Portable).
The launch will see six city guides covering Europe's most popular destinations: Amsterdam, Barcelona, London, Paris, Prague and Rome, arrive on shelves this autumn.
Each guide has been developed with the young city breaker and frequent traveller in mind and comes packed with information on how to experience the very best places in town - from the latest restaurants to the most underground of clubs - along with videos, audio walks, photography, maps and pre-planned itineraries to suit every sort of visit, and every type of adventurous traveller.
Planet PSP (WT) is the only information source you really need, taking the knowledge and experience from the team at the Lonely Planet and mixing it with the great technology PSP has to offer. Make the most of the experiences each of the cities has to offer.
There are three information categories:
- Points of interest: Each city has 250 main points of interest covering eating, sleeping, nightlife, shopping and sights with original photography, key information and contact details
- Essential information: The bits you just must know from pharmacies to embassies, hospitals, airlines, money and costs
- Getting around: Comprehensive and detailed zoom-in, zoom-out maps covering transport systems and roads
And four different ways to make the most of your visit:
- Audio Tours: Each guide comes with three bespoke audio tours that you can listen to whilst you walk. Each takes you through a particular part of town and takes you off the beaten track
- Video Content: A dedicated film crew has been out there capturing the essence of each city to inspire you - and show you round even before you touch down
- Itineraries: Planet PSP (WT) comes packed with pre-loaded itineraries for every sort of visit from a cultural break to a weekend of hedonism. Each itinerary comes with a calendar view that can be built on to create the perfect schedule
- Your Itineraries: Build your own visit from scratch drawing on the 250 points of interest to create your perfect city break - and go online to download more!
With plans for additional downloadable updates, videos, stills, and special interest itineraries - Planet PSP (WT) is one travel guide that will never be out of date, so get off the beaten track, hang out with the locals, live a little and let Planet PSP (WT) help you discover the true heart of the city. More key features are:
- Developed by London Studios
- Suitable for one traveller or more
- Six leading cities at launch: Amsterdam, Barcelona, London, Paris, Prague and Rome, with more guides to follow in the future
- 250 essential locations per guide for eating, drinking, sleeping and sightseeing
- Essential information from emergency services to banks and airlines
- Packed with original video and photography
- Audio walks to let you preamble off the beaten track and discover adventure
- Maps and itineraries to structure your visit
Note to editors:
About Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet creates and delivers the most compelling and comprehensive travel content in the world, giving travellers trustworthy information, engaging opinions, powerful images and informed perspectives on destinations around the globe. Whilst known primarily for its 500 titles published in 15 languages, Lonely Planet also offers an award-winning website, photographic image library, television production and distribution and digital travel content licensing. With a global staff of over 400, Lonely Planet is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, and has regional offices in London and the San Francisco Bay Area. For more information about Lonely Planet, visit our website at http://www.lonelyplanet.com.
For more information contact:
SCEE Press Centre
Tel: +44 (0)20 7859 5000
About Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd. As at 27 April 2006
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE), based in London, is responsible for the distribution, marketing and sales of PlayStation®2 and PSP (PlayStation®Portable) software and hardware in 104 territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Oceania. SCEE also develops, publishes, markets and distributes entertainment software for these formats, and manages the third party licensing programs for the platforms in these territories. Between its European debut on 24th November 2000 and the end of March 2006, over 38 million PlayStation®2 consoles have been shipped across the SCEE territories, over 103 million worldwide, making it one of the most successful consumer electronic products in history. Between its European debut on 1st September 2005 and the end of March 2006, over 5 million PSP systems have been shipped across the SCEE territories, with over 17 million shipped worldwide since its Japanese launch in December 2004.
More information about PlayStation products can be found at
http://www.playstation.com and http://www.yourpsp.com or visit the Virtual Press Office at http://www.scee.presscentre.com.
PlayStation and the PlayStation logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. PSP and UMD (Universal Media Disc) are trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.