Kingdom Hearts retains Japan chart top spot
Top three titles stick around in significantly quieter software sales week
The malaise returned to the software sales chart in Japan last week as the booster effect of the previous week's new titles wore off.
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days was the only game to continue to sell well, shifting 106,000 units, according to Media Create data for the week ending June 7.
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth remained in second, selling 42,000 units, while Shin Sangoku Musou 5 Empires held steady in third on 27,000.
The highest new entry of the week went to Arc Rise Fantasia, pushing Sloane and MacHale's Mysterious Story down to fifth.
Another new entry in sixth place was for Evangelion: Jo, while Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (The Best) took seventh, followed by Half-Minute Hero, Wii Fit and Pro Yakyuu Team o Tsukurou! 2 completing the top ten line-up.
In total the Nintendo DS was the most popular platform of the week, accounting for four titles, while the PlayStation Portable took three, the Wii two and the PlayStation 3 one.
- 1. Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (Square Enix): 106,000
- 2. Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (Capcom): 42,000
- 3. Shin Sangoku Musou 5 Empires (Koei): 27,000
- 4. Arc Rise Fantasia (Marvelous): 26,000
- 5. Sloane and MacHale's Mysterious Story (Level 5): 26,000
- 6. Evangelion: Jo (Namco Bandai): 15,000
- 7. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (The Best) (Capcom): 14,000
- 8. Half-Minute Hero (Marvelous): 9,000
- 9. Wii Fit (Nintendo): 9,000
- 10. Pro Yakyuu Team o Tsukurou! 2 (SEGA): 9,000