Japan's #1 is Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
And Wii U sales almost double
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U entered the Japanese charts right at the top this week, making Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire (which have now sold close to 1.8 million copies) down to second place.
Super Smash Bros. also has the distinction of being the only non-3DS title in this week's top five.
- [Wii U] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - 227,527 (New entry)
- [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire (Pokemon, 11/21/14) - 171,813 (Lifetime sales - 1,798,097)
- [3DS] Derby Stallion Gold - 73,616 (New entry)
- [3DS] Aikatsu! 365-Hi no Idol Days - 33,151 (New entry)
- [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS - 29,670 (1,788,460)
In hardware the New 3DS XL maintained its spot at number one but the original 3DS move to number two thanks to a boost in sales, pushing it ahead of its successor at number three. Sales for the Wii U almost doubled this week, from 12,496 to 24,469.
- New 3DS XL - 63,714 (Last week - 48,738)
- 3DS - 38,846 (19,722)
- New 3DS - 25,541 (22,875)
- Wii U - 24,469 (12,496)
- PlayStation Vita - 22,355 (27,935)
- 3DS XL - 17,319 (15,182)
- PlayStation 4 - 15,971 (13,489)
- PlayStation 3 - 5,679 (5,360)
- PlayStation Vita TV - 986 (1,285)
- Xbox One - 790 (1,237)
- Xbox 360 - 189 (108)
- PSP - 8 (18)
Charts collated by Media Create and published by Gematsu.