For Immediate Release
Stockholm December 7, 2004 - Strategy games publisher Paradox Interactive today announced, that the much-awaited sequel to the multiple award-winning Hearts of Iron, has gone gold. The game will be released in North America, Scandinavia, Russia, France, the UK, Belgium, the Netherlands, Australia, Poland, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Portugal and Mexico. It will be available in stores in the beginning of 2005.
In Hearts of Iron 2, you are the supreme leader of a country of your choosing during the tumultuous struggle of World War II, with the goal to win the World War through warfare and diplomacy. To achieve your goals you need to guide your nation through a multitude of aspects including alliances, technological advances, strategic thinking and military production.
Hearts of Iron 2 is no less than the ultimate World War II strategy experience and is a dream come true for every armchair general. The game is schedule to be shipping to stores January 4 in North America and will be available on all markets by mid-February.
- Re-designed user interface enhancing the player experience as well as deepening the gameplay.
- Detailed diplomacy and production systems with help functions to avoid micromanagement.
- "Movement-is-attack" combat system, making warfare more realistic.
- Mission-based Air and Naval system, giving options for logistical strikes and targeted bombing.
- New political system with possibilities to change the political base of your country during the war.
- 4 major campaigns and 15 battle scenarios optimized for an evening or two of gaming. Historical scenarios like * Case White, Operation Barbarossa and many more.
- Co-operative multiplayer, enabling up to 32 players to play against each other or share the same country over a LAN or the Internet.
Hearts of Iron will be distributed in the UK exclusively by KOCH MEDIA.
About Paradox Interactive:
Founded in 1999 Paradox Entertainments Interactive division has been a leading developer and publisher of strategy games for the PC platform. Well renowned in their niche of strategy games, the company's distribution network and followers span across the globe. Paradox's experienced team has worked on more than 16 titles and includes such best-selling games as Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings and Hearts of Iron.
ABOUT KOCH MEDIA UK:
Founded in 1994, KOCH MEDIA UK develops, publishes and distributes a diverse mix of titles for home console gaming systems, personal computers and the Internet. Based in Basingstoke, the company has distribution contracts with a number of software publishers, including NINTENDO. For publishers not in the UK, KOCH MEDIA exclusively markets, sells and distributes titles, representing the publisher to the UK market place. Under its own brands of DEEP SILVER and EUROPRESS, KOCH MEDIA develops and publishes its own range of gaming and educational and lifestyle software. For more information on KOCH MEDIA and its products, visit www.kochmedia.co.uk